Black friday is coming. What do you plan to buy?

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, youre lucky.
We would never see such sales on video game here in quebec
The only place where we can get sales on video game here is on steam and origin and such program.
But in market... never
Unless its a discontinued game, we never get any sales on video game in market
I really wonder why
As I said, any chance. I know there is no way for a recently released game to go on sale less than a month of release and especially for good Nintendo games which take years for discount.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I said, any chance. I know there is no way for a recently released game to go on sale less than a month of release and especially for good Nintendo games which take years for discount.
well, here in quebec (and maybe canada but not sure) we never, and say it again, NEVER get sales on video game and video game console. as i said, unless the game is discontinued, we will never see a sales on it, like NEVER

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, here in quebec (and maybe canada but not sure) we never, and say it again, NEVER get sales on video game and video game console. as i said, unless the game is discontinued, we will never see a sales on it, like NEVER
Yeesh, I'm sorry to hear that. is this just on video games or are other product as well?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeesh, I'm sorry to hear that. is this just on video games or are other product as well?
well, video games and video games console, as for accessories such as amiibo, i never really paid attention, but so far, i dont remember seeing amiibo in sales

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Welp, I was flooded today with black Friday emails from various electronics/gaming stores here and going through them I saw how fucking stingy they are here, you hardly see any discount more than like 15%! That's only like 5% more than every other day and only things on sale were the ones that are always on sale! ONLY one good deal I found was PS4(regular, not Pro)+Gran Turismo Sport bundle for 250$, but even that is too pricey for a black Friday sale... Like seriously, why can't they have any good discounts? I was hoping for a good Switch deal, but no such luck, in 20 different stores, NOTHING Switch related is on sale!

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, I was flooded today with black Friday emails from various electronics/gaming stores here and going through them I saw how fucking stingy they are here, you hardly see any discount more than like 15%! That's only like 5% more than every other day and only things on sale were the ones that are always on sale! ONLY one good deal I found was PS4(regular, not Pro)+Gran Turismo Sport bundle for 250$, but even that is too pricey for a black Friday sale... Like seriously, why can't they have any good discounts? I was hoping for a good Switch deal, but no such luck, in 20 different stores, NOTHING Switch related is on sale!
you lucky, you have 15% off
here in quebec, we never get sales like that on video game, like NE-VER
as in not even on black friday

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you lucky, you have 15% off
here in quebec, we never get sales like that on video game, like NE-VER
as in not even on black friday
Who said the sales were on games? Sure it was one offer about that PS4 bundle, but 99% of all offers are for stuff like mobiles or computers! Also, 15% is nothing, trust me. You think it's nice, but here, games and devices cost MORE than they cost in Canada AND the median salary there is more than 5-6 times what we have here, so yeah... 15% is nothing. When you work a full month for what could be considered pocket change in other countries, but every commodity costs at least as much if not way more, 15% discount isn't gonna help you.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who said the sales were on games? Sure it was one offer about that PS4 bundle, but 99% of all offers are for stuff like mobiles or computers! Also, 15% is nothing, trust me. You think it's nice, but here, games and devices cost MORE than they cost in Canada AND the median salary there is more than 5-6 times what we have here, so yeah... 15% is nothing. When you work a full month for what could be considered pocket change in other countries, but every commodity costs at least as much if not way more, 15% discount isn't gonna help you.
greece doesnt use the euro?
also, 15% here is just like not paying taxes

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
greece doesnt use the euro?
also, 15% here is just like not paying taxes
We do, why wouldn't we? What does having the euro have to do with this?:/

And considering tax here is most often around 18-21% on commodities, 15% discount isn't even enough to consider them without tax...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We do, why wouldn't we? What does having the euro have to do with this?:/

And considering tax here is most often around 18-21% on commodities, 15% discount isn't even enough to consider them without tax...
well, the euro is higher than the CAD right now, so what you said is invalid, it doesnt cost more than in canada

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well, the euro is higher than the CAD right now, so what you said is invalid, it doesnt cost more than in canada
I of course meant AFTER conversion, I didn't take 250$ CAD and 250€ or anything like that! Current exchange rate is 1€ equal 1.5$ CAD. Let's take Nintendo Switch for example, here it costs 339€, that's 510$ CAD, when in EB Games/Gamestop in Canada it costs only 399$ CAD. See what I mean? Take in consideration that your median salaries are over 5 times larger and you will understand what I meant. Commodities here are more expensive BOTH compared to the prices there AND compared to the salary/price ratio. A console like PS4 Pro is literally a full month's pay for us!

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I of course meant AFTER conversion, I didn't take 250$ CAD and 250€ or anything like that! Current exchange rate is 1€ equal 1.5$ CAD. Let's take Nintendo Switch for example, here it costs 339€, that's 510$ CAD, when in EB Games/Gamestop in Canada it costs only 399$ CAD. See what I mean? Take in consideration that your median salaries are over 5 times larger and you will understand what I meant. Commodities here are more expensive BOTH compared to the prices there AND compared to the salary/price ratio. A console like PS4 Pro is literally a full month's pay for us!
riiight...
what i meant is that its 339 euro and here its 400cad
i admit i didnt take in consideration the median salary, but here in canada, a job worth 15$/h should worth 15euro/h, right?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
riiight...
what i meant is that its 339 euro and here its 400cad
i admit i didnt take in consideration the median salary, but here in canada, a job worth 15$/h should worth 15euro/h, right?
Here it's SUPPOSED to be 4€ per hour but if you are under 24 you will most likely get reduced pay making it like pocket change because you are compensated for it with "experience". As if... For example, I had to agree to a 2€/hour work just to make due! We may not have slaves anymore, but the rich still treat all of us like slaves here!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Didn't plan to buy anything, but a PS3 softmod happened to be released and Cex had a PS2-compatible CEX model around for 100 €, soooo...

drenal

that guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20171128-190128.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users