Black and White new Legendary Pokemon " Victini "

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ringo619, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Ringo619
    OP

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    A new Black and White Pokemon was revealed by Pokemon Sunday , it was also shown in an ad in the new Pokemon movie " The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie ". "Victini" is number 000 in the Isshu PokeDex and will be able to obtain it once a new Liberty Ticket item is distributed to Black and White via Wi-Fi, DS Stations, and Nintendo Zones from September 18th to October 18th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ~ The Liberty Ticket~
    [​IMG]
    ~Pokedex Preview of Victini~

Oh and if u wanna see a preivew of the new startes on isshu region go to PokeBeach 3rd bottom video and you will see the starters.

And Victini might be cute and everything to other people but for me this might be the worst legendary Pokemon for me. Tell me about your opinions about the New Pokemon " Victini ".

2. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    He's cute, I'd totally walk around with him on my head :>

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    It doesn't look very strong for a legendary...
    But hey, look at Mew/Celebi/Jirachi. [​IMG]

4. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    He looks so... normal. Doesn't feel like a legendary. Feels more like a Rattata/Bidoof type of Pokemon...

And... so not cute. :/ (He looked better in blurry pics... I think it's the eyes and teeth that are bugging me.)

Also, can we say 'first Pokemon to have both official art and game sprite in the same pose'?

5. NSRSM

Member NSRSM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It looks like a pokemon I'll hate since I hate cute and love cool, and it definitely is not cool. Maybe it will have a evolution but most legends don't.

6. FlameTakuya

Singapore
    I decided to Photoshop the picture of Victini on filb.de's news page. I think this is how it should look. :/

[​IMG]

Also, how the hell does it fly? Like this?:

[​IMG]

7. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Awwww, that's so cute!

8. Ringo619
    OP

United States
    yea i am gonna go with ur 2nd pic it probably will fly like that

Posts merged

I think Victini will probaly have a really strong move that only he/she can learn that will dominant the 2 other legendaries

9. Ringo619
    OP

United States
    yea both those 3 have did look good did't look like a normal Pokemon you would catch in the wild by walking on the grass " victini" looks like it is a normal Pokemon that can be found in the wild

10. person12321

Newcomer person12321 Member

United States
    seems like this 3rd legendary is really letting me down for this gen. sure its cute (sorta...) but it looks like some random pokemon you find everywhere.

11. FlameTakuya

Singapore
    Well for it's sake I hope it doesn't actually fly like that.

Maybe it glides.

At least that would save some of it's dignity. :/

EDIT: Also it would appear that some of my friends have started to call it fartwings. lol.

12. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    this pokemon looks cute and cool [​IMG]

13. FlameTakuya

Singapore
    Wait I just noticed something!

On that ticket! Which is supposedly the key item to unlocking the place to get Victini!

The cloud is shaped like it!

Could it be...

Our first pure flying type legendary?!

(Alternatively, maybe one of it's special powers could be turning into clouds! Or maybe I'm over-thinking this.)

14. Ringo619
    OP

United States
    i just noticed it now lol and yea it might have ability or a move that turns it self to a cloud or something so attack go right through it

15. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    FINALLY.
    A Pokemon that doesn't look like a digimon

16. person12321

Newcomer person12321 Member

United States
    hmmm turning into clouds. hmmmm pretty coool. maybe it an ability or a move. avoid effects or damage from battle. of course on the card it might just be showing you get victini there.

17. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Wow, so for the first time we actually have a #000 that isn't some sort of glitch?

Nice, but where will Missingno and his 9001+ cousins go now?

18. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    He'll fit right in with the other black/white pokemon.

Plain and uninspired, yay!
    He doesn't look legendary. He doesn't even look cute enough to qualify as legendary, especially compared to the other cute legendaries like mew, shaymin or jirachi.

19. Ballistic

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To be honest, I didn't think Shaymin was a legendary when I saw it. I still don't.

20. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    The sad thing is, if it does end up being a pure Flying-type Gamefreak probably won't give it roost cause they are all like.

"Oh noes, if it gets Roost+Flying type = ??? or No Typing, we can't do that"

When in reality, it will likely end up in Uber Tier anyway (Lol, tiers), which means it won't be able to be used in OU/UU/NU/LOLMORETIERS.

Also, the games can handle a pure Flying type using roost just fine. Need proof, hack Roost onto Arcues, guess what happens....absolutely nothing. He just loses all typing for a turn (He doesn't even turn into his ??? type sprite)

In addition, ??? types have no weakness or resistances to anything, nor any immunities.

The only thing that would really affect anything, is if you hack a Physical/Special move that does actual damage (Not pure effect-based damage), it cuases that move to barely scratch your opponents HP, only because ??? Type moves were never really intended to do damage in the sort of way that Flamethower, T-Bolt, Brick Break, etc were meant to, so they weren't programed with that ability.

I actually wouldn't mind if it were just Pure Normal type. Although truthfully, Pure-Flying is more appealing to me. Heck seeing as it is #000, why don't we strip what little dignity Missingno had left (Or rather the lack thereof), and give Victini ??? Typing. He doesn't necessarily have to have a ??? Type Move that does damage, although if they wanted to alter that and give him a move that is specifically programed to do Damage+STAB and is ??? Typing, and doesn't do 2 or less damage, then that would be fine too.