BitTorrent Client?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Yoshimashin, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Yoshimashin
    OP

Yoshimashin Penguin Spy

Aug 17, 2006
    United States
    Seattle, Washington
    I need a new client. Azureus takes too much of my resources and uTorrent just kills my connection. Whats the killer client out there?

2. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    bitcomet? thats the one i used after giving up in using Azureus for that same reason... although now i use uTorrent and i'm quite happy.
    So i advise you bitcomet, its not bad in my opinion

3. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    utorrent is the best one out there i feel. What do you mean kills your connection? As in you cant browse websites anymore?

4. squeaks

squeaks GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2007
    I use utorrent. =)

5. tyasawa

tyasawa GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2006
    comfort zone :D
    :/ cant u just change the bandwidth setting so it doesnt kill ur connection?

i use utorrent as well.. i like it compare to the others

6. aZnXrAvEr

aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2007
    United States
    i use bitcomet.

7. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    What he said...Dont set your upload speed too high or it will fk your browsing up.

8. robi

robi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2006
    France
    Houston, TX
    If you can't browse anymore that means that uTorrent is opening too many connections with peers and it's overloading your router. Some people get a better router whereas some just limit the number of connections in the Preferences.

9. ugly_rose

ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2006
    I have also experienced that with uTorrent. Have had it installed on the little laptop for a while.

BitComet has basically never let me down though, except for the fact that it has been quite resource hungry if you run too many torrents at the same time. I'm however unfamiliar with Azureus so I can't say if it's the same kind of problem as you're having.

10. ediblebird

ediblebird GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2006
    utorrent is one of the best because its so minimal. Its worth trying to figure out what the problem is. go to the utorrent faq (http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php), and the most applicable topics would be:
    1.5 My µTorrent freezes / locks up sometimes and/or uses 100% CPU, slowing down my PC (Avast!, Spyware Doctor 5 possibly others)

1.6 Kerio Personal Firewall / Sunbelt Personal Firewall uses 100% CPU when running µTorrent and/or disconnects my internet every few minutes

1.10 Modems/routers that are known to have problems with P2P apps (from Azureus, but applies to µTorrent too)

11. tyasawa

tyasawa GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2006
    comfort zone :D
    yups exactly..

[​IMG] and im a she btw...

12. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    I would agree that, but also look into opening more half open connections in XP SP2 (if you have it).

I had a Linksys router and that was overloaded all the time from using torrents, I now have an eTec one and I haven't had a problem since I got it over a year ago.

13. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    utorrent!

14. Neme

Neme Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2007
    Italy
    Utorrent

15. shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2006
    london, england
    when i first started to use torrents, i tried u torrent, btu it woudl never connect. so decided to use azureus, and it works fine for me.

my m8 had the same problem, and my cusin, and we were all using ntl at the time, now virgin, brodband, so i think becuase of them, i cant use u torent.

as for another one, i have tried bitlord which was good, and bittornado

16. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    utorrent is gr8 for speed and less resources used but bitcomet is more stable as utorrent may end up losing a lot of data if not properly shutdown. I heard flashget is good too but only if u have a very good connection unlike mine
    Bottomline : Less Resources used ; relatively more speed utorrent
    More Resources used ; good speed (not as utorrent as i have heard) ; Much better stability of download - Bitcomet
    Flashget try it and see for yourself

17. mcp2

mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2007
    UK blud dun kno
    I've never had any data loss and my brother always switches of my computer without closing uTorrent.

uTorrent is great, light and easy to take around on a USB stick.

18. jimmy j

jimmy j Awesome for hire.

Apr 22, 2007
    the congo
    I switched from Azureus to Bitcomet for exactly the same reason.

Bitcomet is fantastic but I've found myself using Flashget more and more for torrents lately. Its not just a dedicated torrent client, but its seems to d/l torrents faster and it'll boost your regular download speeds from 6-10 times.

Fast, free and clean.

**edit** firefox users might want to download the Flashgot add-on

19. pristinemog

pristinemog GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2006
    United States
    Tampa, FL
    I use uTorrent. BitComet always made my old router reset itself constantly. When uTorrent came out, I was like, "Wow! Only 86KB (or however small it was)" so then I downloaded it and really haven't had the need to go to any other client since it just simply worked for me.

20. Strider

Strider Next to the mainstream

Oct 29, 2002
    I'd recommend you reconfigure utorrent so it doesn't kill your connection (-> setting the connections low enough so your router/pc doesn't get problems).

It's a really good client!