Bitching - Grammar Deficiency should be a bannable offense.

D

Deleted-236924

I've never seem anyone use the word "Billet" for forum threads, always "Topic."
And they'd usually say "Beug" instead of "Bogue."

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Reactions: 2 people

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9BjPG.png

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Related: http://gbatemp.net/topic/272767-the-anti-grammar-nazi-association/

As said before, for those with weaker English (such as those with it as their 2nd, 3rd etc language) it blocks them out for no real reason. As long as you can comprehend the post I don't think it really matters, although ppl who rite lik dis tend not to be as well respected as those who write "properly".

People who post posts that are completely illegible are likely to be banned at some point.

Not much else to say really other than everyone ignores post counts. You notice the spammers because of all the spam and you notice the really good members because of the tons of useful info they post: Fast, Rydian, Catboy to name a few.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Much as I would like to join in the conversation beyond one thing I intend to bring up in the following line I could care less.

@ Cyan I am going for the apologist route here and going say app might be confused with the contraction for press (App. sur start vs Appuyez sur start).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think bad grammar is the way to call it. Some people are simply better at wielding foreign languages than others - remember, for lots of members English is a second language.

The problem you are refering to are "morons" - people who punch the keyboard furiously while writing shitty one-sentence reply and posting them while being fully aware that they're incomperhensible. It's not even TxtSpeak, it's just a mess. Unfortunatelly, last time I checked, "being an idiot" was not a criminal offense so we have to pretend those people do not exist.

Look at it this way - the moment you see a post like this you may assume that the member is either piss drunk or a complete, genuine idiot - isn't that beneficial in some way?

[yt]GAv_XEi7EXA[/yt]

"It's very rare in life you can see a genuine idiot human."

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can we also ban people who use acronyms for every single game title, or even for retailers I’ve started seeing here!

Are people just too lazy to type an extra few words? It isn't exactly difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...