Hacking Bit of advice please on 5.3.2 spoofed

Ratskull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys just a quick question

I came home from work today and turned on my wiiu which was disconnected from the mains like usual. I checked the download update icon had a red x through it which it did and proceeded to load loadine to play Yoshi wooly world.

After many attempts at running the exploit I failed (always used to work) I couldn't figure what was wrong so just quickly went back to the home menu and there is no tvii icon anymore.

I run tubehax dns and open dns as the secondary as well as unplugging the console after every use just to be safe.

By not having the tvii icon anymore on my homescreen does this mean its updated to 5.5.0 somehow?? I have kids btw but I highly doubt they would be able to turn off the dns addresses etc.

I checked through the system logs and update notifications and didn't see any logs of the update being installed. I do have notifications saying an update is available but that's it.

Can miitv be removed without a system update? that would eliminate the console being updated to 5.5.0 and is there any other way of seeing if im still on 5.3.2 spoofed ?

many thanks guys.

P.s if anyone requires any pics or anything I can provide them.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
quick everyone panic ninty doing stealth updates while powered down :P

no but just to rule it out, double check your DNS settings, check tubehax is still setup....personally i think having the openDNS as the backup is risky, especially as a backup as your less inclined to make sure the openDNS stays updated

also did you have standby mode disabled? would it be theoretically possible someone just plugged the wiiu in and left it in standby mode for a while, and tubehax DNS connection failed and it fell back to openDNS which if your on a dynamic IP can leave you open to updates unless your rigorous in making sure the PC app is always running to keep it updated

oh and one more way to make sure its truely updated to 5.5.0 is to connect to the eshop, if it connects its definitely updated and you not just looking in the wrong place for the TVii icon :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Ratskull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I'll delete the Nintendo servers from my router and try to access the shop also just seen this

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 279

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you shoudlnt have opendns as secondary, both dns should be just tubehax, if tvi icon is gone you are on real 5.5.0 maybe a game updae from disc?

Reactions: cyb0rg

Ratskull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok but I cannot connect to the eshop which suggests I'm on 5.3.2 as I've turned off all blocked servers now just to test

Do you think it's worth doing a system format to see if the tvii comes back on ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you shoudlnt have opendns as secondary, both dns should be just tubehax, if tvi icon is gone you are on real 5.5.0 maybe a game updae from disc?

I only have games up to 5.3.2

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by Ratskull,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok but I cannot connect to the eshop which suggests I'm on 5.3.2 as I've turned off all blocked servers now just to test

Do you think it's worth doing a system format to see if the tvii comes back on ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I only have games up to 5.3.2
well if you have opendns im betting its blocking the e shop server but yeah if a game update installed then your not on 5.3.2 since you need wup installer for game updates.

Ratskull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's ok guys I'm now on 5.5.0 grrrrrr just rebooted the router and I can access the eshop now I'd love to know how it updated lol. I'll just hang about until the 5.5.0 exploit is released . Thanks a lot everyone

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's ok guys I'm now on 5.5.0 grrrrrr just rebooted the router and I can access the eshop now I'd love to know how it updated lol. I'll just hang about until the 5.5.0 exploit is released . Thanks a lot everyone
like someone said probably due to your secondary dns being opendns, the moment tubehax dns went down tehe wiiu switched to opendsn and since opedns fails if you hae a dynamic ip it just updated your console, you should have never had that on secondary at all.

Ratskull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like someone said probably due to your secondary dns being opendns, the moment tubehax dns went down tehe wiiu switched to opendsn and since opedns fails if you hae a dynamic ip it just updated your console, you should have never had that on secondary at all.
It was unplugged mate but the kids do go on it the fact that I've just seen a Lego game in the console suggests that's what probably happened. Anyway hey ho you live and learn lol

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was unplugged mate but the kids do go on it the fact that I've just seen a Lego game in the console suggests that's what probably happened. Anyway hey ho you live and learn lol
Honestly, if you're an adult trying to use this stuff for yourself at the moment,you might be able to find a cheap one, $50-$140 (usually has other stuff without gamepad for higher priced ones...), without a gamepad for yourself to tinker with. I don't think they run too much without a gamepad (imo anyway), and you can just sync the one you have.

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mate I'll have a look

If/When you get a new console, stay far away from OpenDNS. Using OpenDNS is sitting on an update timebomb. There's been a few people on this forum who have been updated by relying on it. :(

Posting this not just to you but for anyone who comes across this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.