Bit of advice please on 5.3.2 spoofed

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ratskull, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    Hey guys just a quick question

I came home from work today and turned on my wiiu which was disconnected from the mains like usual. I checked the download update icon had a red x through it which it did and proceeded to load loadine to play Yoshi wooly world.

After many attempts at running the exploit I failed (always used to work) I couldn't figure what was wrong so just quickly went back to the home menu and there is no tvii icon anymore.

I run tubehax dns and open dns as the secondary as well as unplugging the console after every use just to be safe.

By not having the tvii icon anymore on my homescreen does this mean its updated to 5.5.0 somehow?? I have kids btw but I highly doubt they would be able to turn off the dns addresses etc.

I checked through the system logs and update notifications and didn't see any logs of the update being installed. I do have notifications saying an update is available but that's it.

Can miitv be removed without a system update? that would eliminate the console being updated to 5.5.0 and is there any other way of seeing if im still on 5.3.2 spoofed ?

many thanks guys.

P.s if anyone requires any pics or anything I can provide them.

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    if tvii is gone, its updated. There is no special "tvii is gone but still on 5.3.2" that I know of. .

3. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    thank you im stumped on how it updated I cant see anything what suggests it did. Gutted !!! lol

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    quick everyone panic ninty doing stealth updates while powered down :P

no but just to rule it out, double check your DNS settings, check tubehax is still setup....personally i think having the openDNS as the backup is risky, especially as a backup as your less inclined to make sure the openDNS stays updated

also did you have standby mode disabled? would it be theoretically possible someone just plugged the wiiu in and left it in standby mode for a while, and tubehax DNS connection failed and it fell back to openDNS which if your on a dynamic IP can leave you open to updates unless your rigorous in making sure the PC app is always running to keep it updated

oh and one more way to make sure its truely updated to 5.5.0 is to connect to the eshop, if it connects its definitely updated and you not just looking in the wrong place for the TVii icon :P

Last edited by gamesquest1, Nov 10, 2015
    cyb0rg and EclipseSin like this.
  5. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    Ok I'll delete the Nintendo servers from my router and try to access the shop also just seen this

Attached Files:

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you shoudlnt have opendns as secondary, both dns should be just tubehax, if tvi icon is gone you are on real 5.5.0 maybe a game updae from disc?

cyb0rg likes this.
  7. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    Ok but I cannot connect to the eshop which suggests I'm on 5.3.2 as I've turned off all blocked servers now just to test

Do you think it's worth doing a system format to see if the tvii comes back on ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I only have games up to 5.3.2

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ratskull, Nov 10, 2015
  8. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    the fact that it installed an update for smash via the system means its on 5.5.0. You need to use wup installer for game updates while using a spoofed console.

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well if you have opendns im betting its blocking the e shop server but yeah if a game update installed then your not on 5.3.2 since you need wup installer for game updates.

10. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    It's ok guys I'm now on 5.5.0 grrrrrr just rebooted the router and I can access the eshop now I'd love to know how it updated lol. I'll just hang about until the 5.5.0 exploit is released . Thanks a lot everyone

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    like someone said probably due to your secondary dns being opendns, the moment tubehax dns went down tehe wiiu switched to opendsn and since opedns fails if you hae a dynamic ip it just updated your console, you should have never had that on secondary at all.

12. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    It was unplugged mate but the kids do go on it the fact that I've just seen a Lego game in the console suggests that's what probably happened. Anyway hey ho you live and learn lol

13. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Honestly, if you're an adult trying to use this stuff for yourself at the moment,you might be able to find a cheap one, $50-$140 (usually has other stuff without gamepad for higher priced ones...), without a gamepad for yourself to tinker with. I don't think they run too much without a gamepad (imo anyway), and you can just sync the one you have.

14. Ratskull
    OP

Ratskull Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks mate I'll have a look

15. cyb0rg

cyb0rg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    If/When you get a new console, stay far away from OpenDNS. Using OpenDNS is sitting on an update timebomb. There's been a few people on this forum who have been updated by relying on it. :(

Posting this not just to you but for anyone who comes across this thread.

16. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    No problem. Just thought it might be an option for yourself. If not, can always wait, right? :P Hope you have a good one!