snorbitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Installation of the chip went pretty smooth, only 1 false start.... The flashing Led on the Cyclowiz indicated a problem with points A,B or C which i quickly spotted and Sorted....

I quickly closed up the Wii and plugged it in eagerly anticipating a plethora of new games to try before i buy...

Due to a graphics card going up in smoke, my main PC was out of commission, so my Toshiba Laptop burner was Initially used.

My results so far...
lecture.gif

Rayman (Pi) Princo Media 4x burn Speed = Fail
Smooth moves Princo Media 4x burn Speed = Fail

at this point i thought the laptop burner was not up for the job so i stopped for the night.

New graphics card fitted (8800 gts, mmmmm DX10) time to resume testing

Benq Burner (cant remember the Model at the Moment)

Rayman (Pi) Princo Media 2.4x burn Speed = Fail (It did recognize the disc initially, but then Died a DRE death)
Smooth moves Princo Media 2.4x burn Speed = Pass/Fail - Game works, but FMV Stutters bad
Red Steel Princo Media 4x burn Speed = Fail
Red Steel Princo Media 2.4x burn Speed = Fail
Red Steel Ritek Media 4x burn Speed = Fail

As you can see the coasters are starting to pile up. I am seriously not impressed with the cyclowiz
hate2.gif

I am going to try and get some Verbatim discs today and try a few more combinations. If theses fail the cylcowiz will be in danger of being burnt at the stake for being a false profit!!!!

Stay tuned

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i hate to say it, but duh!! if you jump on one of the first solutions available, it only common sense...
i do feel for ya though, being led into this impulsive buy by unkept promises... good luck

glad i waited...

snorbitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
 You didn't mention if you're using DVD+R or DVD-R. If you use DVD+R you need to change the booktype, aka bitsetting to DVD-ROM

Sorry I forgot to mention I used DVD-R

QUOTEi do feel for ya though, being led into this impulsive buy by unkept promises... good luck

I tried so hard to resist being an early adopter, but i gave in to temptation and believed their "Updateable" Claims
unsure.gif

Another lesson learned
lecture.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
its not much surprise if its princo media, they are really really crap! get the verbatims and see what happens, but yeah wiinja > cyclowiz
Media isn't really that important, it mathers somewhat, but most problems don't come from the media I believe. Blaming the media for all problems is all that the Cyclo team does, but at the same time they don't tell what media it should work with...

According to this topic Rayman (PI) and Call of Duty 3 (Wiierd) will not work with any media and others are having problems with all.
Most of the problems with movies stuttering on CycloWiz happen because CycloWiz negatively affects the reading speeds of burned discs, while Wiinja and Wiikey read them at the same speed as originals.
In-game DRE's seem to come from the DVD-Drive going to standby mode when not readed for a while when not having a real, but a copied disc in, this happens to both Wiinja and Cyclowiz.

"Bad" media can cause problems, but I think bad chips are more commonly the cause...

snorbitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Managed to get some 16x Verbatim DVD-R's, i also updated my Benq DW1640 with the Latest Firmware

More Results

Red Steel - Paradox 4x Burn Speed = Fail
Red Steel - Paradox 2.4x Burn Speed = Fail

shy.gif
Feel a bit silly now, Just noticed the Paradox release is NTSC not PAL.....DOH!!!!!!!!!! need to have a look for the PAL Release.......
frown.gif

Tony Hawks - Sushi 2.4x Burn Speed = Pass
rolleyes.gif

Rayman - Pi 2.4x Burn Speed = Fail

Thats all i have to test with at the moment
frown.gif

Still not too impressed but Hopefully Cyclowiz will come good on there promise of an updated..hopefully

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
according to wiinewz.com team lieclops said there will be an update fixing the "reading too slow" issue within 1 week via update.

i guess thats the last thing we heard from them.

mars

edit: typo (the one i found with my zero to none english knowledge;))

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Managed to get some 16x Verbatim DVD-R's, i also updated my Benq DW1640 with the Latest Firmware

More Results

Red Steel - Paradox 4x Burn Speed = Fail
Red Steel - Paradox 2.4x Burn Speed = Fail
Tony Hawks - Sushi  2.4x Burn Speed = PassÂ
rolleyes.gif

Rayman - Pi 2.4x Burn Speed = Fail

Thats all i have to test with at the momentÂ
frown.gif

Still not too impressed but Hopefully Cyclowiz will come good on there promise of an updated..hopefully
Try burn them faster. I get better results out of my 1640 with Verbatim 8X DVD-R when I burn them at 8X.
Though that said I haven't tried any burns from my 1640 in the Wii and I use a Wiinja.

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there are 3 games which dont work:

Spongebob
Rayman
Call of Duty

all other games are working well!
ive got a cyclo and as i said all games exept the ones above are working very well and without issues!

monyt0ntherun

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had a 100% success rate with all my games so far.

Mod Chip Cyclowiz, Datawrite and Ridata disc (DVD-R) burnt at x4 using Nero 7 on an NEC 3500 DVD.

Successful games for me are:

Supermonkey Ball
Excite Truck
Red Steel
WiiPlay
Zelda
Warioware (ignoring the known stutter)
and soon Kororinpa.

smile.gif

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

More Results

Red Steel - Paradox Â 4x Burn Speed  = Fail
Red Steel - Paradox Â 2.4x Burn Speed  = Fail
Tony Hawks - Sushi    2.4x Burn Speed = Pass Â
rolleyes.gif

Rayman - Pi  2.4x Burn Speed  = Fail

Thats all i have to test with at  the moment 
frown.gif

Try burn them faster. I get better results out of my 1640 with Verbatim 8X DVD-R when I burn them at 8X.
I don't have a Wii chip, but I would also HIGHLY recommend burning the discs at their rated speed. You do not want to burn high quality 16x media at 2.4/4x on a decent burner. The media has not been designed to be burned that slow. However, having said that, those 16x discs may burn best at 12x. The whole "burn at slower speeds" thing is a myth, and doesn't really apply to modern burners/media (unless both are REALLY terrible). Do what you what, but it's pretty clear that burning at those ridiciously low speeds is not working.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have a Wii chip, but I would also HIGHLY recommend burning the discs at their rated speed. You do not want to burn high quality 16x media at 2.4/4x on a decent burner. The media has not been designed to be burned that slow. However, having said that, those 16x discs may burn best at 12x. The whole "burn at slower speeds" thing is a myth, and doesn't really apply to modern burners/media (unless both are REALLY terrible). Do what you what, but it's pretty clear that burning at those ridiciously low speeds is not working.
Actually better quality media such as Verbatim is 'certified' media, meaning it's DESIGNED to write at 1-16x so you CAN burn it at slower speeds. The point of a certified disc is that it will work with slower burns/drives, e.g. under TV DVD recorders which record in real time (1x).
Cheaper media on the other hand will have a fixed burn speed and burning faster or slower than the rated speed isn't recommended or may not even work.

Agree with you regarding the speed myth, like you said unless you specifically need to burn at a slow speed e.g. for real time recording, as long as you have a decent drive and disc there isn't any benefit to burning at 2-4x than say 16x.

smile.gif

SASamuli

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have Benq DVD drive, Cyclowiz(not updatet) and TDK DVD-R 16x discs and games that work this far:

Heatseeker PAL
Rayman PAL
Zelda PAL
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Dragonball Z BT2 Converted to PAL
RES 4
Sonic PAL
Cooking Mama: Cook Off Converted to PAL
Prince Of Persia Rival Swords PAL
Marvel Ultimate Alliance PAL
Wing Island PAL
Excite Truck PAL
SSX Blur PAL
The Godfather PAL
Super Paper Mario Converted to PAL
Metal Slug Anthology PAL

All of them burned at 8x. Just cooking Mama getting DRE:s and thats only when trying to start the game and that happens about 50% of the time. Every other game working perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/