Hacking Bit confused.. so is IOSUHAX and RedNAND out yet

opendata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't you'll brick your Wii u if you don't know what your doin
If you really want a brick there's a guide on that wiiu iso site.

Last edited by opendata,
D

Deleted User

They are out, but only in beta form; not really appropriate if you don't know what you're doing. I believe there are no tutorials on gbatemp at the moment because of this, but there are a couple of other sites that contain neccessary files and instructions to set up redNAND/iosuhax.

I know there has been a report of a redNAND brick recently here, so that also aids the fact that it might not be ready for a full release to the end-user.

By the way does it have signature patches and emunand like 3ds cfws
I don't believe there are any official public links to the sig-patched fw.img file yet, so no.

Reactions: NoNAND

opendata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They are out, but only in beta form; not really appropriate if you don't know what you're doing. I believe there are no tutorials on gbatemp at the moment because of this, but there are a couple of other sites that contain neccessary files and instructions to set up redNAND/iosuhax.

I know there has been a report of a redNAND brick recently here, so that also aids the fact that it might not be ready for a full release to the end-user.

I don't believe there are any official public links to the sig-patched fw.img file yet, so no.
He didn't brick his wiiu he bricked his rednand (still able to use wiiu)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Thanks for the info. I hope they release it very soon. Can i add you on my wii u? Message me if you want :)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Having a community-developed redNAND is a nice little extra to have in the scene as it can potentially attract more developers early before the full stable package from SALT arrives.

It's just about having common sense and decency to understand the rare dangers it holds. I personally don't think it should be completely private.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Common sense dont work very well when addicted gamers think they have a path to the holy grall.
Another and more logic way to do it could be post about the rednand, what the advantages, the risks and let a open channel to developers talk and get the files by subscription. I know someone can upload and leak but is not the same. Say anyone can test is not the same than developers can test, people will use for fun and brick.

Ace212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, the current redNAND solution the WiiUBru team is openly developing probably won't be a thing everyone will be using. SALT probably will be releasing relatively soon, so I wouldn't be too excited about the latest redNAND findings.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If yes then can someone explain me how to install it amd what can i do with it.
SALT hasn't released yet, but a method developed on WiiUBru was "leaked" (and I use HEAVY air quotes there, since it was literally just linking from one public forum to the other) before it was really ready for end users. It's perfectly fine for development purposes, though.

In other words, wait for SALT to push out their stuff with all the tools they've been developing

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SALT hasn't released yet, but a method developed on WiiUBru was "leaked" (and I use HEAVY air quotes there, since it was literally just linking from one public forum to the other) before it was really ready for end users. It's perfectly fine for development purposes, though.

In other words, wait for SALT to push out their stuff with all the tools they've been developing
Where is the best place to look to follow Team SALT's progress? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night