Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's just jump right to the news...

Join the war for Earth in Mass Effect 3! Owners of Mass Effect 3 can download the first
multiplayer expansion for no additional cost. The Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack adds new unlockable content: deadly weapons, new consumables, and powerful characters for each class in multiplayer, including the Asari Justicar, Batarian, Geth, and Krogan Battlemaster. Additionally, the Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack also includes 2 new maps, Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra. Download this pack on April 10th and take the battle online in the critically acclaimed Mass Effect 3 multiplayer experience.
Source: Bioware Blog

This free round of DLC and the ending clarifications being announced in the same week is a pretty nice gesture from Bioware after all the anger, rage, and cupcakes sent their way. Hey, guys, don't worry; you're good in my book.

3879%2B-%2Banimated_gif%2Bchuck_norris%2Bdodgeball%2Bthumbs_up.gif

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally, they demonstrate some concept of added value or compensation, better yet, damage control.
I still trust the company though, what they're doing now they may not do again so easily because they expect us to forget the shit they do.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
This only appeases (IF it actually does that) a section of gamers.

There are those who play Multiplayer

There are those who play Singleplayer

There are those who play both

And

There are those who couldn't give a rats ass about whether it's free or not

There are those who threaten the company with 'going elsewhere' unless it's free

And

None of the above

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Develop Game
>>Hear legions of whiny fanboys complain about a bad ending
>>Offer Free DLC
>>Everything is forgiven.

Oh gaming, how I cry for what you have become.
It's nice of course. However, I'm leery of buying another Bioware game until I see reviews. Since they are elaborating the ending on ME3 for free (which was all I wanted; closure finally) I can vent most of the pent up steam I have accumulated. The free multiplayer DLC is just the gentle glid from the crux of this whole issue. All is not forgiven, but a nice bandage has soothed the anger. :)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Develop Game
>>Offer Free DLC

It's nice of course. However, I'm leery of buying another Bioware game until I see reviews. Since they are elaborating the ending on ME3 for free (which was all I wanted; closure finally) I can vent most of the pent up steam I have accumulated. The free multiplayer DLC is just the gentle glid from the crux of this whole issue. All is not forgiven, but a nice bandage has soothed the anger. :)

Ohh. My friend was telling me how it was 10$ for the ending.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a video game can make you angry irl...you have problems. No offense of course.

I got my $60 out of ME:3 regardless of how the game ended. I got my $140 out of the series regardless of how it ended. I also have grown-up problems and can't be bothered to throw a fit every time a dev does something I don't like.

Free content is free content and I'll gladly pay nothing for something.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Develop Game
>>Offer Free DLC

Ohh. My friend was telling me how it was 10$ for the ending.
Here you go. I pretty much figured they would make it free. They'd already pissed off bunches of their fans, so charging for closure would be just pissing on them. Like I always say, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on. :)

If a video game can make you angry irl...you have problems. No offense of course.

I got my $60 out of ME:3 regardless of how the game ended. I got my $140 out of the series regardless of how it ended. I also have grown-up problems and can't be bothered to throw a fit every time a dev does something I don't like.

Regardless of whether I got my moneys worth, the ending still took value away from it. What we were promised and what we got was incredibly frustrating. I do take offence to your accusation Old8oy. I have many different problems, but getting mad when I've been lied to is not one of them.

EDIT: In fact, that's justified.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Develop Game
>>Offer Free DLC

This sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Wanna know what happened if you were displeased with the ending of a game? You weren't, because if you were then too fucking bad. It won't change.

Also, they're giving you free DLC for the ending and free DLC for multiplayer. BIOWARE IS SO EVIL GUYS.

Reactions: 1 person

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Regardless of whether I got my moneys worth, the ending still took value away from it. What we were promised and what we got was incredibly frustrating. I do take offence to your accusation Old8oy. I have many different problems, but getting mad when I've been lied to is not one of them.

And believing everything a salesman tells you makes you gullible.
I was so angry as a child because everytime I made it through Bowser's castle to save the princess a toad told me she was in another one. Nintendo lied to a 5 year old child...

I didn't "accuse" you of anything. There's just a disconnect between the gamers who enjoy gaming as a hobby and the gamers who have expectations that every game's story and gameplay should fit exactly what they imagine it should. I've put well over 200 hours into the Mass Effect Trilogy and wasn't let down by it in the least because I knew it was the "Shepard" trilogy and not the end of Mass Effect altogether. There's a ton of different things they can do now, different directions they could go... They can pick up where the ending left off... They could pick up thousands of years in the future... And my personal favorite...

I hope they go back to the initial organic/synthetic war that led to the creation of the reapers. For all we know right now, the catalyst could be an advanced AI left over from that time... My personal belief is that the catalyst and reapers are pre-programmed AI in the same vein of the Prothean VIs in the first and third games, a last ditch effort from the synthetics to carry on their plan after the orgs and synths destroyed one another...

I will never understand the people who take video games so personally. Would you give up on your favorite band if they put out 3 fantastic albums but you didn't really care for the final song on the third album? Would you be angry at your child if after getting straight A's all year they got a C on the final exam? People need some perspective.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And believing everything a salesman tells you makes you gullible.
I was so angry as a child because everytime I made it through Bowser's castle to save the princess a toad told me she was in another one. Nintendo lied to a 5 year old child...

I didn't "accuse" you of anything. There's just a disconnect between the gamers who enjoy gaming as a hobby and the gamers who have expectations that every game's story and gameplay should fit exactly what they imagine it should. I've put well over 200 hours into the Mass Effect Trilogy and wasn't let down by it in the least because I knew it was the "Shepard" trilogy and not the end of Mass Effect altogether. There's a ton of different things they can do now, different directions they could go... They can pick up where the ending left off... They could pick up thousands of years in the future... And my personal favorite...

I hope they go back to the initial organic/synthetic war that led to the creation of the reapers. For all we know right now, the catalyst could be an advanced AI left over from that time... My personal belief is that the catalyst and reapers are pre-programmed AI in the same vein of the Prothean VIs in the first and third games, a last ditch effort from the synthetics to carry on their plan after the orgs and synths destroyed one another...

I will never understand the people who take video games so personally. Would you give up on your favorite band if they put out 3 fantastic albums but you didn't really care for the final song on the third album? Would you be angry at your child if after getting straight A's all year they got a C on the final exam? People need some perspective.
Ha, I don't believe everything a salesman tells me. I'm not gullible, and I take everything with a grain of salt. That being said, take a look at this thread on the Bioware forums. So many outright lies, and half truths. It's disgusting how much we were promised, and what we got can't even measure. When I get to the end of a trilogy, I have certain expectations. Especially from a company I've come to respect and expect great things from their series. Since I'm a budding writer, what I've expected and what I got were two different things. Misunderstand me all you want, but when I'm expecting a well written ending to a fucking awesome game (which it is fucking awesome; I've played through it four times) and I don't get anything close, I'm well within my rights to get hot.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be honest, odds are you got at least 25 hours out of your single player and god knows how many out of your mulitplayer and you're gonna say the game "isn't worth it's value" because of 5 minutes of an ending? I can understand being upset about the ending, yeah, but the whole 25 hour experience was excellent. Every hater of the ending will even say the game is fantastic... until the ending. And by "ending" I don't just mean departing on your final voyage, I don't mean fighting on Earth, I don't mean charging Harbringer, I don't mean talking to the Illusive Man, I mean everything after that.

And really, the ending, even if you don't like it, isn't that horrific.

I'm telling you all, once a new Mass Effect game comes out that expands on the ending, everyone will be like "WELL MASS EFFECT 3 ACTUALLY HAD A TERRIFIC ENDING".

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be honest, odds are you got at least 25 hours out of your single player and god knows how many out of your mulitplayer and you're gonna say the game "isn't worth it's value" because of 5 minutes of an ending? I can understand being upset about the ending, yeah, but the whole 25 hour experience was excellent. Every hater of the ending will even say the game is fantastic... until the ending. And by "ending" I don't just mean departing on your final voyage, I don't mean fighting on Earth, I don't mean charging Harbringer, I don't mean talking to the Illusive Man, I mean everything after that.

And really, the ending, even if you don't like it, isn't that horrific.

I'm telling you all, once a new Mass Effect game comes out that expands on the ending, everyone will be like "WELL MASS EFFECT 3 ACTUALLY HAD A TERRIFIC ENDING".
Umm, I have said the game is a solid 8/10 in my eyes. Just because the ride was good, doesn't mean the ending has no impact. The fact that this game was supposed to be the absolute end means that another game should not be produced. I'm satisfied with the ending expansion DLC. But the game as a whole was built up to have many endings, and your choices would have impact, when it came down to it, none of that was true. Guild, I have over 100 hours of gameplay across 8 different characters, and I've completed about 4 of them. I have gotten my moneys worth. I'm not complaining that I didn't get value out of it.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Develop Game
>>Offer Free DLC

I don't see the problem with this.

>Company fucks up.
>Fans whine
>Company compensates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.