Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gallery_128734_403_25797.jpg

BioWare have announced 'Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut', a free download which is set to expand upon and clarify the events at the end of the game, which left a lot of loyal fans feeling disappointed. The unhappy fans raised $80,000 for the Child's Play charity.

Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes.

“We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team,” said BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka. “Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."

Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series added, "We have reprioritized our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be available free-of-charge for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this Summer.

:arrow: Source

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no problem with the ending, but making this and releasing it free of charge?

tumblr_lrsq0uE0jP1qafrh6.gif

Bravo, Bioware.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are still unsatisfied, but hey; you're good with me.

Reactions: 3 people

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bit weird that they relented and will actually changed the ending, but I can't complain. I hated the ending, this may restore some faith.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Free* DLC Pack to Provide Additional Cinematic Scenes to the Ending of Mass Effect 3 this Summer

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes.
We have reprioritized our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player.

They are basically admitting that the game has a singular ending. Even if the ending is "personalised", it is still just that, a single ending.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are basically admitting that the game has a singular ending. Even if the ending is "personalised", it is still just that, a single ending.

Um, they didn't.

Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes.

It'll probably just add more cinematics to each of the endings to see what happened.

Mind you the only way to give proper "clarification" on how your choices really impacted the ending is through another Mass Effect game, which there probably will be. Then you'll see how your choices impacted the universe.

Just gonna point out that myself and a few of my friends know a lot about Mass Effect and enjoyed the ending so that chart is rather bullshit.

I realize there were some things left unresolved but there's a reason BioWare said we should keep our saves and that this game is only "the last game for Commander Shepard" and not "the last Mass Effect game".

Reactions: 1 person

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Technically they're not "fixing" anything. In a way it's not broken, it just leaves a few more questions unanswered. We'll probably see a Mass Effect: The Aftermath just like Guild suggested. Haven't played to that point yet, so I won't comment on how this changes things, but good to see more content for free (regardless of opinions regarding the ending).

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
...in a way that will feel more personalized for each player

This will be interesting considering as it is currently, the only thing that affects the ending scenes somewhat is how many War Assets you have and obviously which 'colour' ending you chose.

I hope the above quote means that certain decisions you made throughout the entire trilogy (who you killed/romanced etc. or whether your choices affect whether Shepard lives or dies and what have you) will affect the ending too and provide closure rather than leave questions open as the original cut did.

Time will tell I guess.

Official post here

Reactions: 1 person

DAud_IcI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I enjoyed the ending... until I tried another one and saw the (lack of) difference.

Now this hints, that they believe what they presented is ok and is supposedly not a DLC-money driven purposeful cut-down of the story as many of us thought. (In which case they would have released something by now.) It is kind of sad, because I hoped, that the indoctrination theory was actually true and we get a proper at least 2-3 mission long extension with an actual final boss fight in the end, unlike in this one. :angry:

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
and they say ff7 has too many fanboys

bioware always listens to its fans but it should not listen to fanatics

No they don't.

Anyway, I suppose this is good for those who hated the ending(s). I'm sure there are those who have to see it to believe it, though.

ahah but they do. listen is there but implementing is another issue.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Played it, beat it, don't care anymore.
I don't replay games I beat.

Also, the ending was bad but I didn't really care, the only thing I hated about this game was that day 1 DLC.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this hints, that they believe what they presented is ok and is supposedly not a DLC-money driven purposeful cut-down of the story as many of us thought. (In which case they would have released something by now.) It is kind of sad, because I hoped, that the indoctrination theory was actually true and we get a proper at least 2-3 mission long extension with an actual final boss fight in the end, unlike in this one. :angry:

No. This means that they know what comes next and they set the Mass Effect universe up for it... In order for the ME universe to continue in more games there needs to be some amount of canon organized.

As far as a final boss fight...what exactly were you hoping to take on at the end? Did you want Shepard to pew-pew a reaper with his Avenger and somehow win? Maybe they could conveniently drop a rocket launcher at the last moment a la Resident Evil?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction