Gaming Bioshock: Upgrade PC or buy a Xbox 360?

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
The warranty issue is true, unless you want a modded 360 (then it's a moot point). I still think most pc owners on here would be able to do the x-clamp fix without damaging their console, though.

Allegedly the FW flashing can be done without voiding warranty by a few talented people. I still find it hard to believe that Microsoft would honour the warranty on a console that has been opened up. Anyone know what the deal is with this one?

Also, I'm in the same boat as the poster. Just bought an X360 for and with Bioshock... One word... overrated! Possibly not overhyped, but definitely overrated. Cool idea, just doesn't deliver enough tactical shooting/gameplay in my opinion.

Now I'm picking up some old highly rated x360 games second-hand off ebay! Any recommendations? I heard there was quite a decent back-catalogue already. So far nothing has really grabbed my attention. Anything other than FPS?! Please msg me with suggestions!

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Bioshock was a big letdown in my opinion. The hype was too much for this game that didn't deliver. Ask someone who already has it, or play it for a while on their system. It has some unique ideas, but the game was a letdown.

Agreed squinty! Too bad I just forked out for an X360! You know any FPS that are a little more tactical. Last FPS that I really loved was Goldeneye on the N64
biggrin.gif
Anything similar to Goldeneye/Perfect Dark for X360? Man I loved Goldeneye back in the day!

*Sorry for the double post!

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bioshock was a big letdown in my opinion. The hype was too much for this game that didn't deliver. Ask someone who already has it, or play it for a while on their system. It has some unique ideas, but the game was a letdown.

I thought it was awesome! I make sure I don't hype up games so maybe that's why? All 5 people I know with an xbox loved it too.

The New York Times also liked it - 92/100
IGN liked it - 97/100
Gamespot liked it 90/100
EuroGamer liked it 10/10

It's a great game as long as you weren't anticipating a System Shock 3 or some sort of godly-like game. If you haven't heard about it much and if you're a fan of FPS's, good stories and entertaining gameplay - check it out, you've got nothing to lose.

Edit: please be aware bioshock is not an RPG! if you were expecting an RPG, firstly...you're stupid because it's always been labeled as ACTION, secondly...of course you're going to be let down when thinking it was going to be a completely different genre of game than it actually is.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Agreed squinty! Too bad I just forked out for an X360! You know any FPS that are a little more tactical. Last FPS that I really loved was Goldeneye on the N64
biggrin.gif
Anything similar to Goldeneye/Perfect Dark for X360? Man I loved Goldeneye back in the day!

*Sorry for the double post!

fear and rainbow6 vegas are both excellent. and you might like perfect dark zero
wink.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
i will say one thing. the game is pretty good! i enjoy it, but splicers attacks are very generic and you wont find yourself just mowing them down with your wrench before too long.

personally, id recommend the PC version. no offence to the game, but its lack of saving pisses me off something chronic. long times between saves and xbox 360 = bad news. 3 fucking times ive had the xbox cark on me at the end of a level, and had to start it again. This is annoying considering i like to explore/pick up every item i can find. I've lost about 6-8 hours of gameplay all up at least.

Definately go the PC version, if the game had more regular saves or optional save points i'd recommend otherwise.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hrmm can't you save at anytime during the game?

The reason you revive in the chamber thing is because it doesn't take you out of the game world, also it stops you from playing parts over and over and over again trying to get past one point...I think it's a cool idea because I get frustrated with that kind of thing.

That sucks about your xbox, but I'm pretty sure you can save at any point during the game. If you don't like the way the revive method works in this game then just load your saved game when you die.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I completely forget to turn off my torrents when I'm playing something like an FPS. All resources must go to the game. Must. Go. To. Game. ::zombie::

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
personally, id recommend the PC version. no offence to the game, but its lack of saving pisses me off something chronic. long times between saves and xbox 360 = bad news. 3 fucking times ive had the xbox cark on me at the end of a level, and had to start it again.
What the heck are you talking about? You can save at ANY time simply by pressing Start ...

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it depends on how much money you got. the game will run on any pc but crashes all the time on my core 2 duo with a 7600 gts. any thing less than a $300 card sucks with that game. you can buy a 360 for that.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it depends on how much money you got. the game will run on any pc but crashes all the time on my core 2 duo with a 7600 gts. any thing less than a $300 card sucks with that game. you can buy a 360 for that.
No. The 7950GT in my previous gaming rig worked just fine with all settings at high (medium would give a somewhat more consistent frame rate, but it was still fine at high so I kept it that way) and that's like, $150 now.

Of course, after having played it on an 8800GTX I'd never want to go back, but that's another story.

robi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I had issues with crashing until I updated to the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers (if you have that soundcard) and the latest BETA nvidia drivers seem to iron out some issues as well.

YMMV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1