zuxicovp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ronhero
With the game using 9.6 seed crypto and probably needing 9.6+ fw it will probably use the new 9.6 ncch keys to launch the game.If thats the case the game would need 9.6+ emunand to work.

So are you saying that we likely won't be able to play this on our system currently, even if he does dump the game?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ron, don't forget to call it a night before u get so far in and make a mistake. Working in IT too ive made sleepy mistakes that didn't take long to steamroll into something worse!
If you find out anything useful, feel free to post an update so we can either be potentially excited, or expect the trademark "SOON" solution needed from Gateway. Lol

That's how I bricked a n3ds the other night was working late haha. Just got home let the fun begin

Reactions: JJTapia19

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying that we likely won't be able to play this on our system currently, even if he does dump the game?

That depends on how lazy Nintendo is.If it uses the same key as xeonblade it will work.If it uses the new 9.6 keys it won't work.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That depends on how lazy Nintendo is.If it uses the same key as xeonblade it will work.If it uses the new 9.6 keys it won't work.
Xenoblade was released on April 2nd (about a week after 9.6) and it was a cart. This game is three months later and is an eshop game which means much smaller lead times. It will have 9.6+ crypto fully implemented and a matching SDK version.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade was released on April 2nd (about a week after 9.6) and it was a cart. This game is three months later and is an eshop game which means much smaller lead times. It will have 9.6+ crypto fully implemented and a matching SDK version.

So what is special about the 9.6+ keys that a fw spoofer wouldn't work? (Such as if the game was converted to 3ds format for GW/pasta/etc) Just curious what the technical limitation we need to hurdle vs. other games that just came out on eshop/retail that are playable.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So what is special about the 9.6+ keys that a fw spoofer wouldn't work? (Such as if the game was converted to 3ds format for GW/pasta/etc) Just curious what the technical limitation we need to hurdle vs. other games that just came out on eshop/retail that are playable.
We can't decrypt firmware above 9.5 on new3ds.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a test from Nintendo. First 9.6 eshop only game that runs on N3DS only. Nintendo could be testing the waters to see if this can get cracked before they go with a 10.x firmware.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a test from Nintendo. First 9.6 eshop only game that runs on N3DS only. Nintendo could be testing the waters to see if this can get cracked before they go with a 10.x firmware.
the developers of the game confirmed that it was a n3ds only release cause the game was too laggy on o3ds, and the reason it came out today was a short term playstation exclusivity agreement.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't decrypt firmware above 9.5 on new3ds.

Dang. Well... Maybe RonHero (or anyone else taking a crack at it) will surprise us somehow with what they find. I'm not so optimistic, but GW surprised me with the last main thing I wanted pretty quick, and implemented a fix to get GW to boot up on N3ds without needing OoT/CN each time.

I'm willing to give it more time, especially now that the Vita scene is making progress. (in case things slow down here due to 9.6+ future releases)

zuxicovp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang. Well... Maybe RonHero (or anyone else taking a crack at it) will surprise us somehow with what they find. I'm not so optimistic, but GW surprised me with the last main thing I wanted pretty quick, and implemented a fix to get GW to boot up on N3ds without needing OoT/CN each time.

I'm willing to give it more time, especially now that the Vita scene is making progress. (in case things slow down here due to 9.6+ future releases)
The booting GW using system settings wasn't that big of a deal, it was an obvious thing, where as this is much bigger of a deal. The last time there was a key change, it took months of work in order to get everything working again

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Downloading the game now, still no update patch but will rip it as soon as it drops
will you rip wait for the update before starting the process of making the cryptofixed game or will you make the crypto fix as soon as you have the game ?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
will you rip wait for the update before starting the process of making the cryptofixed game or will you make the crypto fix as soon as you have the game ?

Im ripping the 9.9 nand right now to rip the game, I'll get the update whenever it comes out

Having trouble restoring the 9.9 nand, will fix it tomorrow, too tired tonight

Last edited by Ronhero,

Pleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im ripping the 9.9 nand right now to rip the game, I'll get the update whenever it comes out

Having trouble restoring the 9.9 nand, will fix it tomorrow, too tired tonight

Ronhero is the hero gbatemp/-snip- deserves but not the one that it needs right now

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea if this could posssibly work on the old 3ds with gateway? or it just wont load?
No. It won't work on the old 3DS. The system will block you from loading it. And if you get around that, it'll likely hang at the 3DS loading screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person