.bin to .img converter for PSX games???

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Metoroid0, May 7, 2015.

1. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    Im surprised that there is not any (or im blind).

How can i convert PSX .bin files to .img ones, because i need them for android emulator that detects only .img ones.
    But regardless, i want to convert it but cant find any converter to do so.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The PS1 era coincided with a whole bunch of competing formats for disc images, especially when coupled with anti piracy, and the scene had not quite got it together when it came to standards.

To that end most people get themselves a nice multi iso conversion/fiddling program like poweriso, ultraiso, magic iso. I do not know of any free options here that I can point to that can compete with those.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i recently come across with this and i did the hard way.. i used a drive emulator (like daemon tools) to open the image, and then used another tool (poweriso IIRC) to convert the disc to image..
    i was just not on the mood to google a iso converter.. but it worked wonderfully and fast xD

anyway, i recall trying to use alchohol 120% and power iso, because power iso didnt support one type, and alchool didnt support the other.. it was an hassle... so i just emulated the cd and ripped it..

4. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    PSX .bin images and .img images are exactly the same data wise, byte for byte crc and all, just a different extension name and the img format also includes extra sub-channel sub files. The only exception I can think of is images that have cd audio, the image program will make them different.

5. Metoroid0
    OP

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    Oh m god..guys im sorry i bothered you and made the whole thread. i figured it out...

I just renamed .bin to .img ant it worked normally! :D

6. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    yeah and you could use imgburn to burn the bin to (if it had audio you needed the cue file to)

7. Metoroid0
    OP

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    what is .cue file, i was always wondering?

8. MasterLaser

MasterLaser Vaporeon!

Mar 13, 2010
    New Zealand
    The cue file states the track layout in the disc image. The bin files are usually useless without them but most emulators just guess what the tracks are if its missing.

And careful not all CD tools handle PlayStation games well as they are not true CD ROMS.

9. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    The BIN is just a raw dump of the disc. The CUE file contains information like what tracks are where. It's kind of like the metadata for the BIN file. Generally CUE/BIN combos are better for games that stream audio tracks from the "disc", but it has become less of a concern as more advanced emulators have popped up and games moved away from using tracks like that.