Administrator
Trophies
XP
Is he?
I just saw this on the news this morning:
http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/monde/206345.FR.php

It's a french article, I'll translate bits:

QUOTE said:
Les services secrets saoudiens auraient acquis la conviction qu'Oussama ben Laden est mort, mais attendraient d'avoir des détails pour l'annoncer, selon une note de la DGSE publiée samedi par l'Est Républicain. Ce document aurait été toutefois enregistré dans les informations «non recoupées» par la Direction générale des services extérieurs français, précise le quotidien lorrain. Les éléments recueillis par les Saoudiens indiquent que le chef d'Al-Qaeda aurait été victime, alors qu'il se trouvait au Pakistan le 23 août 2006, d'une très forte crise de typhoïde ayant entraîné une paralysie partielle de ses membres inférieurs", poursuit le document. "Son isolement géographique provoqué par une fuite permanente aurait rendu impossible toute assistance médicale (et) le 4 septembre 2006 les services saoudiens de sécurité ont recueilli les premiers renseignements faisant état de son décès", toujours selon cette note.

translation by CNN:
QUOTE"The chief of al-Qaida was a victim of a severe typhoid crisis while in Pakistan on August 23, 2006," the document says. His geographic isolation meant that medical assistance was impossible, the French report said, adding that his lower limbs were allegedly paralyzed. On September 4, Saudi security services had their first information on bin Laden's alleged death, the unconfirmed document reported.

What do you think?
As far as I can tell, the newspapers that broke the news are reliable...

EDIT:
more information here
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/23...n.ap/index.html

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's an article on CNN.com about the alleged death that the French newspaper is reporting, but no one has confirmed anything yet

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/23...n.ap/index.html

There's nothing on BBC news about this either.
unsure.gif

We'll know for sure soon if someone does confirm it, there'll be a media explosion.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
One question, if he was dead, why would you want to withhold the information?

I hope that French reporter that reported this is okay. Here in Australia we have new laws now thanks to this 'war on terror' bullshit, if a reporter reports on 'govenment sensitive' material they can be imprisoned without charge and without notifying their family. It's disgusting what laws have been passed since Bush went crazy.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
And the Bush speech - "Ladies and gentlemen - We got him!" after Bin Laden dies of illness in old age after being forgotten about
rofl2.gif

There's always rumours in dodgy sources about O'Sammy popping his clogs, I wouldn't put too much faith in it unless there's an official confirmation.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

So they could continue with the marshall law, collect funds for the "war on terror", and continue doing to the world what they please. The "war on terror" is a very profitable enterprise, you get unlimited funds, and can avoid laws whenever you feel like it.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
And the Bush speech - "Ladies and gentlemen - We got him!" after Bin Laden dies of illness in old age after being forgotten aboutÂ
rofl2.gif

There's always rumours in dodgy sources about O'Sammy popping his clogs, I wouldn't put too much faith in it unless there's an official confirmation.

íf he wasnt being hunted he wouldnt be in a cave that far away from medical care....

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People are probably trying to confirm this as much as possible. You definitly don't want to go on TV and say that Bin Laden is dead, and then find out that you're wrong. Makes you look like an idiot/more like an idiot.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Even if he was dead, I'm sure he would have recorded at least twenty tapes to give out every six months to al-jazeera, just to keep entertaining his friend Dubya.

Anyway, I do not believe this because I have a very, very, very "opposite-to-costello" opinion towards print newspapers, scratch that, towards *anything* that carries advertisement.

What I hate the most if that were true, would be that france's TV would treat him like a goddamn che guevara since the french media can't hate America enough.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

So they could continue with the marshall law, collect funds for the "war on terror", and continue doing to the world what they please. The "war on terror" is a very profitable enterprise, you get unlimited funds, and can avoid laws whenever you feel like it.

I'm inclined to disagree, the death of good old O'Sammy(
rofl2.gif
) would be a powerful propaganda tool in the 'war on terror'.

And the Bush speech - "Ladies and gentlemen - We got him!" after Bin Laden dies of illness in old age after being forgotten aboutÂ
rofl2.gif

íf he wasnt being hunted he wouldnt be in a cave that far away from medical care....

Yes he would, he'd be training his generals in remote locations even if the cowboys weren't after him, try not to look at this as an American, it will distort your views greatly.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I've long held a theory that he's been dead for ages, and recorded all of those tapes (and attack plans by extension) in advance. Of course this theory could easilly be shot to hell if any of the tapes could be dated, as I've never payed attention to the news when they show those things.

L

lastdual

I'd take this story with a grain of salt until we get some real confirmation.

Bin Laden allegedly dies in Pakistan, Saudi security forces are tipped off, and the story is broken by a French newspaper? Possible, but sounds fishy. Then again, there is that photo taken by a US drone of 190 Taliban VIPs at a funeral... (connection?)

Chances are these claims have been around and no one has been able to confirm them, and as such we haven't heard because it's basically a rumor that no one wants to be wrong about. Unfortunately, even if Bin Laden is gone, his death in this way would mean a natural passing on of the torch. Their ability to carry out an attack would probably be just as viable (hopefully not like in this interview).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun