ROM Hack Bin Extract\import images? for NGE: Ayanamy Raising Project

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
and what did you discover by yourself??
You know at least where those images are??

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
and what did you discover by yourself??
You know at least where those images are??
File names say all we need I think, because they have album, cg & etc in their names:yaynds:

What I discover?
Well, I find scripts for ps2 version + extracted and pack back Images sucsessfully.
Check eng fonts support and game run fine with them

I know where scripts for NDS and they can be edited in hex too:nds:

Froid-san try to help me with script part (riper\packer for easy editing NDS and PS2)
Excuse me, but what did you find to ask me this then...?
Why ask questions like that? :rolleyes:
I mean if I know how to export them myself, then I would not ask here...

Last edited by k7ra,

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
quick bms script for some of the files
# neon genesis

get numfiles long ;
for i = 0 < numfiles ;
get OFFSET long ;
get size long ;
Log "" OFFSET size ;
next i

edit
unpacked file 00000023.dat of cg_itemname.bin. then did a lz77 10 compression search and got an actual useful image. gba4bb image but its sideways... which is just an easy image manipualtion. but given the amount of images... just in that one file... 111 files in cg_itemname.bin. yeah unpack the files dump the images post them and tell me what you want in the images and you got an editor. But going through and unpacking file by file then looking for compression and dumping possibly compressed data too much work for me... I have other things to do... but at least you have a partial answer to how to get at the images... even if I haven't found any pallete data...

Last edited by rastsan,
Reactions: k7ra

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
quick bms script for some of the files
# neon genesis

get numfiles long ;
for i = 0 < numfiles ;
get OFFSET long ;
get size long ;
Log "" OFFSET size ;
next i

edit
unpacked file 00000023.dat of cg_itemname.bin. then did a lz77 10 compression search and got an actual useful image. gba4bb image but its sideways... which is just an easy image manipulation. but given the amount of images... just in that one file... 111 files in cg_itemname.bin. yeah unpack the files dump the images post them and tell me what you want in the images and you got an editor. But going through and unpacking file by file then looking for compression and dumping possibly compressed data too much work for me... I have other things to do... but at least you have a partial answer to how to get at the images... even if I haven't found any pallete data...
Nice find, what image I need?
Well most only "status images"+"item description in shop" with jpns names on them and minigame buttons
Don't remember anywhere other jpns names
And yeah... Many files... Sadly they cannot be unpacked all in a go with bms script (and packed back too)

Can you show me pls how you do it? (Never done it before Oo)
>lz77 10 compression search and witch program do you use? (Hex?)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Technically I could have made a bms scritp that does all of that... I just have no interest in making one so specific. As some of those packed files also have packed files in them... So it would be a recursive search and then lz77 10 search and dump with logging for repack. still not talking about possible multiple lz77 10 files being compressed into one packed file.
I have my own projects to look after. Get crystaltile2 or tinke they both work, and crap what was the name the 6187 editor that lets you make narc files... any way you need to repack the unpacked files then use ct2 or tinke to uncompress file by file... as loading them one by one can get tedious and building a batch file to unlz them en masse is also time consuming... one way you can pick and choose and note which files you are editing the other you are getting them all then noting what you have to edit. ct2 comes with more pallete options where as tinke unless you put one in before packing into a narc file you don't really have that option. then possibly repack with the lz77 10 unpacked stuff in yet another narc. If this sounds complicated well it could be worse no one might have responded and you could be left going nowhere with this.

to make this clear I MAY edit images not DUMP THEM FOR YOU. I do not have the time to dump them for you.
did you just ask me what images You need? I didn't go through them all I just used a quick script to test whether they can be unpacked. Then went to see if I could find an image at all...
If you sense attitude here its because I am not doing the work for you. dump the images you need done say what needs to edited when you post them or the link to them and hope someone helps you. IF its a lot of work I am not interested. If its a few hey sure no problem. but the scale and your near complete lack of knowing what needs to be done.... just wow... to give you an idea the one game I worked on had over 16000 images that needed more than 5 minutes of editing each... do the math... that not with repacking that is just editing and sending them to someone else to deal with.
Deciding on the font to use so it matches in game is a big help especially if there are multiple image editors(which is more than likely going to happen). if you cannot answer that or provide the font (if it costs money to get) then don't expect help. I am not paying for a font to help on this nor do I want to spend more than x time a month on this(if I do).

can you please get yourself a little more organized?

Reactions: k7ra

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I did ask you that question to see how much you are motivated to do this work.
Way to many people think that translate a game is an easy and quick task.
There are even more people that expect other people to do all the things for them.

Anyway here is your answer:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-crystaltile2.211800/
Thanks, I ask this because many go and ask questions.
Later only hear that I need to drop it, because I can't finish this.
Of course it's long and hard, I would't start it if I not like this game and don't want to finish :)
And thanks for link, would check it tomorrow!

Technically I could have made a bms scritp that does all of that... I just have no interest in making one so specific. As some of those packed files also have packed files in them... So it would be a recursive search and then lz77 10 search and dump with logging for repack. still not talking about possible multiple lz77 10 files being compressed into one packed file.
I have my own projects to look after. Get crystaltile2 or tinke they both work, and crap what was the name the 6187 editor that lets you make narc files... any way you need to repack the unpacked files then use ct2 or tinke to uncompress file by file... as loading them one by one can get tedious and building a batch file to unlz them en masse is also time consuming... one way you can pick and choose and note which files you are editing the other you are getting them all then noting what you have to edit. ct2 comes with more pallete options where as tinke unless you put one in before packing into a narc file you don't really have that option. then possibly repack with the lz77 10 unpacked stuff in yet another narc. If this sounds complicated well it could be worse no one might have responded and you could be left going nowhere with this.

to make this clear I MAY edit images not DUMP THEM FOR YOU. I do not have the time to dump them for you.
did you just ask me what images You need? I didn't go through them all I just used a quick script to test whether they can be unpacked. Then went to see if I could find an image at all...
If you sense attitude here its because I am not doing the work for you. dump the images you need done say what needs to edited when you post them or the link to them and hope someone helps you. IF its a lot of work I am not interested. If its a few hey sure no problem. but the scale and your near complete lack of knowing what needs to be done.... just wow... to give you an idea the one game I worked on had over 16000 images that needed more than 5 minutes of editing each... do the math... that not with repacking that is just editing and sending them to someone else to deal with.
Deciding on the font to use so it matches in game is a big help especially if there are multiple image editors(which is more than likely going to happen). if you cannot answer that or provide the font (if it costs money to get) then don't expect help. I am not paying for a font to help on this nor do I want to spend more than x time a month on this(if I do).

can you please get yourself a little more organized?
Woa... How many text :)
I think you got me wrong...
I only answer what images need to be translated in DS version.
It's really nice of you to try and look on it and I understand that we all have life. ;)
And of course I understand that it's great work need to be done for only 1 game...
Thanks for suggestion!
I can translate and edit them myself, there only:
1. status translation on status screen.
2. status on items.
3. item description + names
That's all :)
Not big deal ;)
If I would get acsess to them, then would upload it later. ^^

PS: Froid-san made partial unpacker for scripts!
Many scripts have the same names and text, it would speed up port to PS2 version of game.
But first they need to be fixed in many places

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
okay missed the point... dump the files do the lz77 10 searching yourself. when you spend more than 8 hours on just one packed file you might begin to understand what you are actually asking.

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
okay missed the point... dump the files do the lz77 10 searching yourself. when you spend more than 8 hours on just one packed file you might begin to understand what you are actually asking.
:) Well sure, would try to google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: