Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Evel Knievel

evel.jpg

October 17, 1938 – November 30, 2007

My generation's Chuck Norris died today. Yeah, he was kind of an arrogant jerk, but he had good reason to be.
He was certainly driven, and an inspiration to all the boys my age when we were young.
So... g'bye Evel.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I just read an article in Maxim today about him, how he's pretty much bedridden and riding out his last days.

He's doing jumps over stadiums of angels now. =P

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I dunno if god'll have him though... seems like he'd sell more tickets in hell. Of course, if there is indeed a rock 'n roll heaven, god could easily slot him in there. He wasn't a particularly good man for the most part of his life, but again, he was real, and he was practically bionic in the eyes of a 10+ year old like me. I remember watching the Snake River Canyon jump on TV, it was like I was about to watch the moon landing or something. Nothing in my neighborhood was talked about as much as that jump. Aliens could have landed and they wouldn't have gotten as much talk-time at recess.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
His son was keeping up with the tradition for a little while. Did he retire or something? I remember he jumped those buildings on TV some years back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: