Bigger PM box

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ph34r.gif
...Props to you playallday.....

But I also agree. One day I was at 50%, then the next I know it, I'm at 91%.
sleep.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3 things:
You can backup your PM box, click on archive messages and you can save it to HTML or MS excel formats.

Sent messages count towards the limit, I am guessing more than a few quotes happen (hopefully that HTML bug has gone now).

Do you really send that many PMs? Not to say anything but for me I notice a lot of good stuff happens in PMs and unless I drag it to the forums it gets lost in the ether which is a shame as a lot of good info is contained within.

On the other hand I am going to go "ner ner ner ner ner", it seems staff have rather large box.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much just the opposite of you guys. I like to keep my PM folder emptied out as much as possible. I don't get many PM's anyway.....I'm just not that type of member to do things through PM very often.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
On the other hand I am going to go "ner ner ner ner ner", it seems staff have rather large box.
Sent Items (451)
Inbox (497)

1% full
yaypsp.gif

Should really clean up, I don't see why people need to keep so many in, I only keep the "mod ones" at times.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Dongdrian said:
FAST6191 said:
Sent Items (451)
Inbox (497)

1% full
yaypsp.gif

Should really clean up, I don't see why people need to keep so many in, I only keep the "mod ones" at times.
I'm glad to know I contributed 3 messages towards that
yaypsp.gif

I agree, its annoying having to delete PM's just so that noobs can spam me.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We have 163,974 registered members at the moment, increasing PM box for 200 would have to be done for everyone (and accounts that aren't used as well), and with current problems this site is having (servers and all) this would only make a lot of trouble, and possibly slow down the site..

It's not true that you need to have 300 PM's that are so important to you, and that you read all of it from time to time!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DieForIt said:
Why does staff need a bigger PM box then?
wink.gif
Because we get a lot of PMs compared to normal users? ;p I personally get around 5-20 a day on various things including the cheat database, problems with the site, bugs and so on.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Translucentbill said:
How about creating a donation privilege?
Depending on the amount you donate the larger your PM box becomes and you earn some type of donating rank?
Costello stated several times that he doesn't need nor want donations for site, our sponsors cover that..

Giving people special ranks just because they have money, isn't good idea, because then, we're making differences between members!

QUOTE(DieForIt @ May 25 2009, 10:52 PM) Why does staff need a bigger PM box then?
wink.gif
Pretty much silly question, don't you think? Give it a though, and answer is obvious!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality