Hacking Bigger hard drive...

MADKATZ99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it any way possible to ever find some way to shrink the iso's?

4gig is huge for a game
ohmy.gif

My whole computer is 7 gig, so the only solution is to buy an external hard drive
mad.gif

Yeah... thats all I wanted to say... Oh, and how long does it ussually take to download 4gigs?
unsure.gif

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt that you could shrink it to a smaller size. 7 GB?? when was the last time you upgrade your computer??

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, only a 7 gig hard drive? How do you survive? LOL.

I have two 250 gig internal hard drives, plus a external 250 gig hard drive. All of them are at least 60%-70% full.

As for how long it takes to download 4 gigs, it all depends on where/how you are downloading it, as well as your internet connection speed.

If you looking for an external hard drive, www.Newegg.com is a great place. YOu can get a 250 gig external hard drive for like $80 shipped.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does your floopy still use 5.25 disks?

but seriously get a bigger hd their super cheap

also i bet wii dumps are full of blank sectors that could be removed for smaller game but i doubt it would make a huge difference 4gb isnt that big anymore, tons of pc games are getting quite big.

and why not just burn and delete iso

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS1 isos can be shrunk with cdztool, I hear unscrambled Wii isos take to 7zip and RAR compression as well.

As for external drives if your computer is that old (I assume the drive came as standard) any USB will likely be 1.0 or 1.1, this will be damn slow for anything like an external drive so you may need to grab a USB card (or a firewire card if you want that sort of connection).

As for the final question *points to usenet, that will usually be at or around as fast are your connection will muster.

If you forgive my shocking maths (4x1024x1024)/200 (amount /speed = time) =20971 seconds or 5 hours 49minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...