Hacking Bigbluemenu R4i Deluxe Edition Help

Maurizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I need a little help, I have a 3DS XL FW 4.1 and are the unlucky owner of a R4i Gold Deluxe Edition and would like to install Blue Box Menu.​

I have the following three configurations:
SD without Emunand launcher R4i 4.02b for MultiROM
SD with Emunand 9.4 launcher Mtcard for Eshop and demo
SD with Emunand 4.1 launcher R4i 3.0​

I copy the files bigbluemenu.cia on the SD of 3ds for all three configurations and bigbluemenu.3ds on micro SD of R4 gold .

If I copy the file bigbluemenu.3ds with diskwriter on micro SD of R4 gold , SD with launcher 3.0 does not recognize it
If I copy normally on the micro SD, SD with launcher 4.02b recognizes it but not installing
If I copy the launcher 4.02b on SD with Emunand 4.1 does not start Emunand

Do you have any advice?​
Sorry for my poor English .​

Obi123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
R4i Gold doesn't have emuNAND feature on 4.02b. You need to get back to 3.0 to be able to use emuNAND. 3.0 was one of three 3.x R4 launcher that supported emuNAND, but since 3.1 and 3.2 could randomly brick your 3DS, then the only way to go is 3.0. It does boot into emuNAND (I tested myself, it says GW 4.5...E something) but doesn't recognize SD exfat partition you use to store bbb. So actually, you can't install cia on R4i gold. Believe me, I tried many ways with that little useless clone. Nothing worked out.

I'm afraid that the only way to go is CFW. Or if you could invest in GW, then it would be much easier :D

Maurizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the R4i Deluxe Edition 4.02b firmware WIKI :
"EmuNAND: YES. User can't create new NAND dump because of disabled Flashcart's menu, but can use existing dump created using another flashcart's Launcher.dat version."
Have you ever tried it?

Reactions: Obi123

Obi123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Tried. Didn't boot at all... strange... :-?
That's why I don't trust R4 team.
Also, MT recently released 2.3 which fully supports 9.4 emuNAND meaning older launcher may not support new emuNAND properly. So I'm pretty sure that oldie 4.02b from last July doesn't work properly on 8-9.0 emuNAND if it could ever boot into emuNAND. So grab a GW. I did it too. Wasn't disappointed. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.