BigBlueMenu .CIA gift unwrapping

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rfire90, Jan 3, 2015.

1. rfire90
    OP

rfire90 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I'm still waiting for 9.2 support so I haven't used my gateway yet but I remember reading about this problem where installed cias have to be unwrapped each time gateway is loaded. Has this been fixed or is there a method of getting around it? I also remember reading about one fix being to format sysnand while leaving emunand the same, but some people thought there would be problems in doing that.

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Formatting either NAND is the standard advice to people having this issue. I haven't heard of any problems as a result.

I believe it happens when an item on emuNAND resides in a spot that is empty on SysNAND. Ensuring the space is filled on SysNAND (by using a folder for example) will prevent items loading up wrapped on emuNAND.

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    also if the cia is not for your region/is not hacked to be region free - then you will need to unwrap each time too

Nollog likes this.
  4. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I did this and still my CIA's are appearing in the main home screen and not in my folder.

5. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Delinking the sysnand is the best thing to do.

Format sysnand

Done. Now your sysnand and Emunand have their own folders and don't mess with eachother. It worked for me and now I'm happy to be able to move stuff freely. Never having to unwrap more than once.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. JVG

JVG GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Should I keep my SD card in the whole time? The one with emuNand.