Big Signatures/Avatars

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Narin, May 25, 2008.

May 25, 2008

Big Signatures/Avatars by Narin at 2:31 AM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    I don't know about you guys, but I find rather big avatars, and by big I mean either the file size or dimensions, annoying. Do people actually read and follow the rules with them? I seen many here that just simply ignore the rules entirely. I do have a fast connection, but still, when a small avatar is about a megabyte in size, thats just going to far. Yes, I seen some people with avatars that big.

I personally have avatars and signatures turned on. I seen signatures that were larger then most people's posts. Either a lot of text, large or multiple images or large front sizes. I just find it annoying some cases since most of the ones I saw were pointless and don't add anything constructive to the forum scene.

So how do you guys feel about this sort of thing, Does it bug you, do you simply ignore it, ore are you one of the people who have them turned off?

Anyways, heres taken from the board rules.

Avatars and signatures are available for members to personalise their posts by adding their own custom images or text. Do not abuse this right, or it will be removed.

Obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit images or any image that the GBAtemp staff feel are not appropriate are not allowed in signatures and will be removed WITHOUT notice and may result in an increase of the members warning level.

The following image is an example, to help you understand the average size of a main signature graphic.
    You may go under and over the 400x100 pixel guideline as long as it doesn't appear too big. We will be lenient on this, so just don't make your signature ridiculously large.

Signatures that the GBAtemp Staff find are too big will be removed without notice, and the member in question should receive a PM from the Staff member explaining why their signature was removed or reduced.

Unlike the resolution of the main signature graphic, there are set file size limits.
    • The maximum file size for an avatar is: 25KB,
    • The maximum combined file size for all graphics in a signature is: 50KB.
  2. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Some people have sigs just a little too big, but that's fine. I know that some people that had/have sigs that surpass the rules by a LOT, and that's just way too big.
  3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    Would this be ok for a sig?

4. Talaria

Member Talaria ...

Jan 31, 2007
    New Zealand
    Agreed although mine is technically abusing those rules. What annoys me is people who are like

1x DS lite
    1x R4
    1x Cylco
    2x 2GB Kingston Japan Micro SD

Modded 360
    Wii with D2ckey

Who gives a fuck what you have. If you frequent GBAtemp you are stupid not to have some form of pirating material. Congrats on joining the other 8000 members who have flash carts and modded consoles, does telling everyone that you have it make you feel all warm in fuzzy inside?

Geez I see so many sigs like that underneath there already too big signature.

Well thats my spiel down *wooooosh*
  5. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    "Lighten up, Francis!". If it is a problem it gets taken care of.

@ z_g - any sig containing Lazytown material gets a pass. Fuck yeah!