Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
As i said today, i was working on a CIA manager for 3DS to substitute devMenu/BigBlueMenu which are Nintendo copyrighted.
bgrm.JPG
Big Red Menu is the first CIA manager (installer/uninstaller) for 3DS completely legal and opensource.

It's written in both C++ and LUA (Heavy edited LPP edition) .

Credits:
Smealum for libctru
Aurelio for helping during the writing of the lua_uninstallCIA code.
extrun20 for RSF Descriptor info

Note: Big Red Menu doesn't obscure any System CIA (devMenu for example hides DS_INTERNET and a lot of other NAND CIAs) so PAY ATTENTION when you uninstall NAND contents cause you can also corrupt 3DS NAND -> Brick.

Controls:
A - Uninstall/Import CIA
Y - Import CIA and delete CIA archive after installation/Start imported CIA
Select - Switch between Imported CIA and SDMC
L = Enable/Disable Security Mode
Start - Exit homebrew

Note that Big Red Menu will list only dirs and CIAs file from SDMC so you'll not lose time finding your CIAs to import.

If you encounter issues while importing CIAs for wrong free space checks, just DISABLE Security Mode.

Sourcecode: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Big_Red_Menu/tree/master
Download: Version 1.5

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Aw I was so hyped up and hoping so bad this was for ninjhax or even go (without a GW)....... damn it

Both ninjhax and 3DS build cannot access to am:u service i used to create this.
Maybe N3DS users can use it as 3DSX (Cause N3DS has access to am:app), but i've not a N3DS to test...

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, that was quick (I mean, not fast, I kow this need some time, but wow, the scene is growing) does this only work when either devMenu or BigBlueMenu are already installed, right? It would be awesome if we ever get some kind of installer or maybe a .3ds version or a launcher.dat

Good work and looking forward any changes :D.

Reactions: TUWieZ and Kelton2

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Downloading CIA's and installing them on a 3DS is illegal
  2. Using BigBlueMenu or DevMenu to instal BigRedMenu is also illegal
  3. To use BBM or DevMenu, you need a flashcard that involves piracy and tampering of your 3DS... which is illegal
Not to be rude but, just because you had a piece of lettuce on your all you can eat meat lovers burger does not make you a vegetarian. If your gonna break the law don't half ass it, own up to it.

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a launcher.dat build have the permissions to install the channel? For non GW owners that can only access the go-exploit

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
3DS version of BigBlueMenu/DevMenu works when used as a 3DS file. Perhaps look into how that one was packed as 3DS to find how to get yours to work when booted as 3DS. ;)

Still won't help Ninjhax users though. But for the rest of us we could use this without DevMenu. I think it's just a matter of setting up the right service flags when packing the 3DS file.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really funny how people are concerned about the legality of using the nintendo cia installers when they are going to use this for pirating roms...sounds like hypocrisy to me.
I know. But if the installer itself is "legal", it can be distributed/obtained here. Plus since it's open source it can be modified to be shinier at the very least, and perhaps more features can be added over the internal Nintendo one.

Reactions: Home_Rowed

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really funny how people are concerned about the legality of using the nintendo cia installers when they are going to use this for pirating roms...sounds like hypocrisy to me.
I might test this out to install the cias that I made from my game carts, not everybody who uses it is a pirate, I just want all my carts on my system at once.

To Rinnegatamante, thanks for this, will test it out.

berichan

ACNHMobileSpawner dev
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would a launcher.dat build have the permissions to install the channel? For non GW owners that can only access the go-exploit

Theoretically, yes, however most cias aren't signed correctly and wouldn't work on sysnand anyway.

Reactions: TUWieZ
D

Deleted User

I might test this out to install the cias that I made from my game carts, not everybody who uses it is a pirate, I just want all my carts on my system at once.

To Rinnegatamante, thanks for this, will test it out.

This. Also, it can be used to install CIAs of homebrew to have homebrew applications on the home menu.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if you can have some weird button combination that is required, which when pressed, you can have more power (like the ability to uninstall things that can brick your system) that would be good! thanks!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
  1. Downloading CIA's and installing them on a 3DS is illegal
  2. Using BigBlueMenu or DevMenu to instal BigRedMenu is also illegal
  3. To use BBM or DevMenu, you need a flashcard that involves piracy and tampering of your 3DS... which is illegal
Not to be rude but, just because you had a piece of lettuce on your all you can eat meat lovers burger does not make you a vegetarian. If your gonna break the law don't half ass it, own up to it.
But the app itself is legal and what it can do is also legal as long as it installs homebrew cia files (if there will be any). The fact that the app is currently useless without using illegal stuff first to actually make it useful is not the app's fault. It's a step in the right direction, but we are not quit there yet.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum