Big problem with EZFA

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by KazumiMC, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008

Big problem with EZFA by KazumiMC at 10:52 PM (1,931 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. KazumiMC
    OP

Newcomer KazumiMC Newbie

Albania
    I don't know english well, sorry for mu rude lenguage, but can u help me with my little problem.

That flash card worked succesfully about 3 years. But I didnn't use it about year. And now, when I decided to play on my console, I cannot connect my gba with card to my computer. I connected my gba with ezfa 256 inside to usb cable(all needed software and drivers is already downloaded and instaled), but windows said "Connected device is unknown". Pushing that message - window with usb-ports has opened and port, that gba is connected, is marked. Trying to update the drivers, but "windows could not find more proper drivers, that have been instaled"
    But some time ago, i connected my gba with ezfa to cumputer and it's said "New device was found". I configured all software and drivers fast and correct. But after reboot it all was lost, and "Connected device is unknown" again.
    maybe it happening because card wasn't used for long time and battery inside it is offcharged?. I can say for sure, problem is in ezfa, because I tested on 3 various competers, with diffirent Sp. Please help. cause i'm collecting money for DS, and don't want to spend my saved cash on new card.

2. KazumiMC
    OP

Newcomer KazumiMC Newbie

Albania
    Up! Plz help me

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    "Connected device is unknown" implies that the cable driver is not installed properly.
    Windows will not find the driver automatically, you will have to download it from here and point it in the right direction yourself by following the instructions below (assuming you're using Windows XP, if not then what are you using?):

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    drivers don't work with service pack 3.

5. KazumiMC
    OP

Newcomer KazumiMC Newbie

Albania
    Sorry, I not correctly adapted that has told Windows. He has told "the Connected device is not defined" or similarity.

And I have drivers, as I already installed it... I'm using Wondows SP1, SP2 and SP3 (I have 3 PC)... All don't work...(((

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    then you don't have a motherboard the detects it properly.

7. KazumiMC
    OP

Newcomer KazumiMC Newbie

Albania
    One year ago on these PC all worked.

8. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    if you update windows with patches, etc, THEN YOU DON'T have a compatible computer anymore. period.

9. KazumiMC
    OP

Newcomer KazumiMC Newbie

Albania
    What??? Sorry... i don't understand you(..

10. Psyfira

United Kingdom
    Oh wow, can you confirm that's true or are you guessing? I've had SP3 on my to-do list for a while now, but if it breaks the EZFA then I won't bother.

11. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    SP3 changes the fundamental security mode of most drivers. That means you can't install say drivers for some flash cart after SP3 goes on, makes most of them unrecogizable. They usually continue to work only if you installed the drivers long before SP3, and then sometimes they still don't work if your unlucky.

Thats why you should always have a computer made specifically for flash carts drivers and stuff you wish to ALWAYS work. that means no upgrading, extra installing anything that what you need on it. I have one set for dual boot into win98 and XP Pro SP2. It pretty much covers all my NOR based flash carts, also allows me to run some old games that don't work on anything else. You can get everything you need for a compatible computer for under 300 dollars worth of computer parts if you wanted to look for a dedicated computer to handle this kind of thing.

When SP3 came out, it killed a large number of computers with AMD based chips, so when I said it changes windows to make it incompatible for a large number, that is a fact not a guess.

12. Psyfira

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that [​IMG] I think I'll be leaving SP3 alone then.