Gaming Big Noob Needs Help Please

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I'm new to this site and I just signed up after reading some reviews of M3 lite.
I was on Lik-sang the other day and I got really interested in the GBA media player
This one:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...oducts_id=8970&

I just have a few questions.
1) Is the MP3(sound) good on it?
2)I hear I can only play GB and NES roms on it, but is there any way I can play SNES roms on it because I really really really would love to play some Super Mario RPG on my Dslite or Chrono Trigger.

I am trying to learn about the Passkey or Passcard but Its hard because I am a massive noob.

Thanks for the help.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First thing's first, M3 lite is not out yet.
Second, do not buy the product you linked from lik-sang. You're better off with:

(assuming you have original DS)
M3 perfect mini SD (or SD version if u already have SD card)
EZflash IV mini SD
Supercard mini SD (or SD version if u already have SD card)

If you have DS lite, These products will be what u're looking at
M3 micro SD (lite) [not out yet]
EZflash IV lite (microSD)
Supercard Lite (microSD)

The MP3s you play on either of these things are acceptable. I don't really notice any difference in terms of quality between my mp3 player and on the Lite. However, you can't adjust the equalizer. You will also need to download an application that is called MoonShell in order to play Mp3s. The same can be said for SNES roms. You need an emulator (u'll need to research on ur own cuz i dont' have not tried it yet.)

Just buy a passkey (the smallest version that is same size as normal DS catrdige) that's compatible with the flash cart u're going to buy.

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the Help but I stil need help.
And I do have a Lite.
1) Where can I buy these things?
EZflash IV lite (microSD)
Supercard Lite (microSD)

2) Do I need a passkey and what is it LOL thanks!

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
try www.hopebuy.com

also, you will need a microSD card with the above 2 ^^, and you only need one not EZflash AND Supercard. and yes you need a Passkey, NoPass preferably(Passcard, MK-4, Ez-pass3), Get a FAST MicroSD card of 60x+ if you dont want slowdowns

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOW ok I really dont feel like spending that much money, how bad is this thing for Lik-sang.com?
Ths GameBoy Media Player, I really dont care how much it sticks out of my DSlite, do I need a Passkey for that also?
As long as I can play music put some videos and play SNES roms I am happy.
But if I cant play SNES roms and I can Play NES or GB roms I'm a little dissapointed but I can live with it.

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed my mind, if i get:
SuperCard Lite miniSD
Ez-pass3
And a good 1G MiniSD card

What does the Ez-pass3 do?
And I can play DS homebrew and SNES roms and stuff like that?

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry doble post.
yaynds.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed my mind, if i get:
SuperCard Lite miniSD
Ez-pass3
And a good 1G MiniSD card

What does the Ez-pass3 do?
And I can play DS homebrew and SNES roms and stuff like that?

The EZ-Pass 3 lets you boot up the SuperCard Lite, allowing you to play DS games and DS homebrew, otherwise you can play all the NES, GB, GBC, GBA games and homebrew you want to, but no SNES or DS ones.

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahhh nice...the only thing i want to play i need a extar piece for haha, Do I need to leave the Ez-pass in my Ds? Because then I cant put in a Game.
So with this setup I can play
Music
Movies
GB/GBC/GBA/SNES/NES/DS
Images.

Sounds great(but expensive)

Will alot of roms work on this?
And can I trust HopeBuy.com?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you leave the EZ Pass in, and you can just put the ROMs on the card so you wouldn't have to worry about switching games all the time. DS ROM compatability is very close to 100%

Where in Canada do you live? Because there is an alternative to having the EZ Pass, called FlashMe, where you rewrite the BIOS on the DS and it will let you have the functions of the EZ Pass without having an EZ Pass. If you live in Calgary I could do it for you for cheaper than a PassMe lol.

Oh and with the SuperCard Lite, you can also play Game Gear, Master System, and Genesis ROMS, with others to, but those ones are built into the SC Lite, so you wouldn't need an emulator.

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm I live in Quebec, I'm kinda lost on what you said there lol....

Do I need Installation and shit like that or can I do it my self, I am very unadvaced in computer technology.

xlinkinpakx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I rather just get the Ez thingy.
Anything else I need to know before I buy this?

Dammit, I cant put the miniSD card in my PC.

Also I put everything on the miniSD disk right?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just shop around, I haven't checked the prices on any sites for this, but I know that realhotstuff.com is cheap and has good bundles on it. Thats where I got mine.

Oh and GBA support isn't 100%, there is a few games that have slowdown.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just shop around, I haven't checked the prices on any sites for this, but I know that realhotstuff.com is cheap and has good bundles on it. Thats where I got mine.

Check for what?

Check the prices, for the best deals. I think there is also a 5% coupon for realhotstuff.com, I'll find it for you.

And a SuperCard Lite miniSD dosen't exist, it is a SuperCard microSD, you just made a typo.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SCDEV.ORG said:
To celebrate RealHotStuff's sponsorship here. We would like to give out our very first coupon code for our members here.

Use the code 'SCDEV06' at checkout, you'll get 5% off your total cost (excluding shipping charge). We had never given out coupons before, this is our very first one. Just for you guys, our members here.

Coupon expired on 07/31/2006.

edited 8/3/06
Coupon code extended to 12/31/2006

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands