Hacking Big Brain Academy PAL/NTSC-U problem..!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Heya fella's I just bought my HDD and dumped all my games in it, I have tested a few ones and they seems to work fine (played around 1 1/2 hour Metroid 3, etc etc...) although, I had Big Brain Academy PAL and when trying to force it to NTSC video, it freezes on the "GSoD", so I launched it without forcing and it works but I don't have an LCD PAL video capable TV here in Canada, so it only does the B/W thing.....you know, it doesn't looks good, so now I got the NTSC-U version of the game and when launching it only gives me a "BSoD", the Wiimote turns OFF and then ON, but the Wii freezes and the game never boot, I have tryed several loaders now, including NeoGammaR4 and Oggzee's Configurable (same problem) and on the Compatibility List it appears as working, only that the PAL version show as a note "1.1 WAD", wich means it was tested using either the Wanin's 1.1 launcher in channel format, or the guy launched the game using the BigBrain channel with the autobootable .dol 1.1 .

Does anyone has a solution for this, or have the game working either PAL forced to NTSC or the NTSC working on a NTSC system..??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it is definetly the cISO I got, Damn........well I least I know what is wrong, by the way, wich cIOS and loader are you using..??
huh.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
laugh.gif
@ ocdetective, well I can confirm that other 2 cISO's I got from the same place boot just fine, I try installing cIOS_r9 cause that can be the problem after reading the FREEZING GAMES thread, I'll post results...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok it is the Damn cISO, installing cIOS_r9 does exactly the same, well I guess I'll have to keep looking for that game, thanks guys..!!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what language is your console and your game? i have a japanese wii and had the PAL version of the game. i had to force the language to english for the game to boot properly. so you might have to force english as well.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well the PAL game boot in any language (english-spanish) but the video is not posible to be forced to NTSC, I think that is because it was an scrubbed .iso, I have tryed doing patches to the main.dol with the GWP to change the video, but still does the same thing :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there