Bhush sends more troop to do this?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by khan, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2007
  1. khan
    OP

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=24...id=docidfeed&hl

First Bhush & Bhlair hang Saddam and now this :'( this is the fact how the british & us armies are treating the people of Iraq. I wish that they get the oil they want and get the f*ck out of Iraq and because all this is happening for just oil.

I am muslim myself and although Saddam might have killed more than 148 or whatever figure us tell you all but the number of civilians dead since us/brit invaded is 600,000 and rising by the day, now that is not a crime against humanity? rules can be bent by us/brit because they only apply to others specially against muslims.

whenever a soldier is dead it will instantly be shown on tv while they are killing around 100 people everyday and that is completely ignored, why? because us/brit soldier's blood is 100x more precious than that of anyother more specifically muslims?

i do not want to stir up anything but i feel so sad when i see muslims butchered by us/brit for no reason.

remember all, us/brit invaded on basis that iraq had weapons of mass destruction but now it is all forgotten, why?

:'(

2. THeLL

Member THeLL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Well I wouldn't have voted for Bush for a million years if I were an american, but really, It's a bad situation in Iraq which is getting worser by the day. Bush just has to do SOMETHING, but only time will tell if this is the right solution.

3. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    One of humans biggest flaws is the fact that we forget. We're idiotic beeings that let ourselves be fooled over and over again by the same methods by the different governments such as the Us, and the Uk. If you would have said this like 1 year ago or something i think people would have reacted more but now it just seems like people don't care anymore and just go like "oh..well it happens". To make a change you have to stir things up, you have to make people remember what is happening and what has happened, you have to make them realise that it's just as bad as it was before if not worse and that now they really don't have any excuse for what they are doing in Iraq other than "We want to build up the Iraqi government" Hmmm where oh where have I heard the Us government say that about other countries...

I can't say i know how it must feel cuz i don't and even though I'm no muslim (in fact i'm chirstian) and even though i live in a far away nordic place as Sweden I still feel for you man.

Ps. Oh and I don't have anything against the people in the uk or us, because i truly believe that there are many people in both countries that know that this is wrong and do not support this war at all.

Edit: Spelling [​IMG]

4. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Bush the DECISIVE and STRONG leader. One commission says not to send any troops, the other commission says it would need 40,000 troops. Bush says "Um. [​IMG] Send 20,000 troops! [​IMG] "

5. Danieluz

Member Danieluz GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    khan, where are you from?

edit: Forget it =P You flag says your from Pakistan [​IMG]

6. khan
    OP

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    but i live in UK, i have nothing against people of uk/us or anyother i just feel so sad that bhush and bhlair and get away with anything and everything for killing soooooo many civilians whereas others are terrorists for killing 1 [​IMG]

Press/media do know everything that is happening but they just ignore it whereas they are covering every piece news that shows negative, for me george galloways interview on sky news really did it.

7. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Those of us Americans who did not support the Iraq invasion were laughed at, scoffed at, swung at, and worst of all told that we hated our country. The comparisons to the Vietnam campain don't end there either. A lot of folks who used to be adamant that we "win the war on terror" are realizing the dangers of marching lock-step with their government. Patriotism for the sake of patriotism is jingoism. "I'm right, so he must be wrong" doesn't work in the real world.
    We'll be out of Iraq before too long. There's gotta be a better way to do this.

In the US, this Monday, we celebrate the life of an American hero, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. To me the most important thing he ever said was this:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

It might sound like bullshit to a lot of people, but I think his logic was very sound. Now if the people of Iraq could make that, or something similar, their national motto... and stick to it...

I'd truly hate to see Iraq obliterate itself after the troops leave. Unfortunately, things are looking that way... aren't they?

8. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I guess I'm not going back to the army... I thought I temporarily quit to get some education, but if this is the case. No matter how good the pay is, I'm not going back.

9. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Here's my prediction:
    Soonest date that a significant amount of troops will begin being withdrawn...
    The day after Bush's term ends...

GO BEARS! [​IMG]

10. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    [​IMG]
    What the hell, this is the only reason I'm posting in this topic right now, I'll come up with something later today...

11. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Of course the people there are confused, angry etc. If there already is injustice in a country you cannot bring more injustice to them and then hope for the best! You can't expect them to take the first step, if you know what is right you have to start doing it yourself.

"Be the change you want to see in this world" - Mahatma Ghandi

And the thing that i find most disturbing is when the american government just go into a country, bomb it up and be all like "well it's a little chaotic and stuff but good luck to ya!" and then leave. The people have now no leader, their parents, cousins, brothers, sisters are probably already killed, they probably have no money...oh and I forgot, their country is in ruins! Now if you really want to stop the terrorists you can't just kill their leader cuz the ideologi will still live on with the people that have power (firepower such as guns etc.) and to take away their power you need to take away their cause, to take away their cause you need to take away the injustice, and right now there's a lot of injustice going on. So instead of bombing the country we could try rebuilding all the towns that are in ruins, we could try building schools to edjucate the children so that they can take care of the country in coming generations etc.

12. chari

Member chari GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't know where in Canada you are, but here in Ontario, I know quite a few people in our Department of National Defence (Toronto Signals Regiment and Queens Own Air Force). There is absolutely no way any of them would partake in such abhorrent acts. In fact, I know they have each and everyone defended against it.

I am not denying that we are devoid of any atrocious actions and I know that the media often exploits the view of the military for political and commercial gain, so the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

War is usually incomprehensible to a point and something we would all like to avoid, but I know that if my country were being attacked, I sure am glad we have men and women who fight for our freedom. And I'm not saying this out of any patriotic duty or because I have friends in the army. But rather, it's because of these very people that the United Declaration of Human Rights and The Ontario Human Rights Commission were developed to protect our civil rights as human beings. These legal tuppences aren't perfect and will never be just because they are created by imperfect people who are all unique from each other, but at least they have good intentions and are giving it a go... it's surely better than nothing at all.

And Westside? I agree that you should put your focus towards education and any Canadian military officer should respect that. It doesn't mean they won't want to haul your *ss in when you're done, but by then you should be able to formulate a better opinion for what is best for you. All the best in your studies, Westside.

13. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Kerry wouldn't have done any better either though. During his campaign he talked about his 6 year plan to get the troops out of Iraq. Wow...6 years...and your term as president lasts 4 years...hmmm...

We need to butt out of other countries problems and get our troops out of there.

14. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Man, I hear ya... The Bush v Kerry election was horrible. No matter who you voted for, you would still end up being screwed. It was the first election that actually convinced me not to vote. Kerry's comments most recently were borderline insane (remember the "get your college education or you'll end up in Iraq" bit?)

15. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    That was years after the election and it was supposedly a botched joke that was attempting to take the piss out of Bush, not the troops.

16. rest0re

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    they're fighting for freedom and against terrorism! soon iraq will have mcdonalds and infinite amount of oil supply for usa! for good of western world [​IMG]

17. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    A botched joke? It's quite obvious that Kerry was trying to cover his own ass on that one. What better a way to redirect the anger and outrage of a stupid comment then toward the man with the lowest approval ratings? Seriously, Kerry doesn't show much common sense or have much control over his mouth for that matter, seeing as he [himself] was over in 'Nam just causes him to demoralize his own character even more.

The troop's response to Kerry's comment, on the other hand, was quite hilarious. [​IMG]

18. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    They spelled "We" right - must have had some help from their CO.

Seriously though, I very much doubt it was an intentional jab at the troops.

19. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

My point condensed.

20. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    I think all NON Americans need to keep their comments on Bush & his decisions to themselves.

Our country was attacked in broad daylight & we lost a LOT of INNOCENT people. What a kick in the nuts (to say the least)!

See if they did that to the Eiffel tower, The Kremlin or any other Non US monument populated with innocent, working people. You would feel the same as most of us Americans; hurt, sad, scared & now feeling insecure do to the fact that this country is founded on diversity & ANYONE can be here, in the US plotting terrorist acts & we wouldn't know it.

I'm in no way a fan of George Bush & I don't think it's fair to be sending any more US troops over to that HELL HOLE of a country to try & establish sanity for those INGRATES. They like to live like savages & kill one another.

WE SHOULD HAVE NUKED THEM ON 911 & turned them into the biggest sheet of glass on the planet (for you that don't know; when heated, sand turns into glass). KILL ALL OF THEM. They have been fighting & killing each other for "religious" reasons for thousands of years & it's instilled in them & will never stop until they are all wiped out.

I think America was way too forgiving for what happened. If you don't like what I have to say: TOUGH SHIT. I'm glad they hung Saddam!

I'm born & raised in New Jersey (just 18 miles from NYC) & I have lost friends & family on 911. See if it happened in your backyard......think how you'd feel.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.