[BFWWIWA] Issue #2 - Sony PSVita

Which system would you like to see covered in the next BFWWIWA issue?

• Nintendo Gamecube

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Nintendo Game Boy Colour

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • Sony PlayStation

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Sony PlayStation 3

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Sony PSP

• Sega Master System

• Sega Mega Drive/Genesis

• Atari 2600

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • The Classic Amiga Line (500/600/1200)

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • PC - A Personal RETRO-spective

Votes: 12 7.6%

• Total voters

Anima000

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"But Foxi, the PSVita has no Gaemz"

I dont quite agree with this post, and while that mock comment is a common internet opinion, it is actually half true. The console doesnt seem to be made for all the public, of couse there´s some neat action, racing sport gaming, but thats all there is.

Just a couple days ago i was deciding my next purchase between a vita and a ps4, and after lots of reading my conclusion was..... NONE... both systems game library is just not for me..

I mostly play rpg games, im an old school rpg player, sometimes tho i enjoy other kind of games like the latest batman, racing plataforms etc, but after looking at the library for the vita, which should be good by now.. i just found lacluster rpg games among other things (there are exceptions but theyre ports such as persona 4 and ffx remake, but well i already have those for the ps3..), then i thought i would buy it just to play my psn account classics, but i already do that with my psp 2000.. so well didnt seem like much of a worth the money purchase.

I wont even mention de ps4 as its still building the game library, and there seem to be a couple interesting games coming to warrant the purchase ina future, but ill wait to see how it fares againts the xbox.

So yea the psvita has no gaemz for me, but other ppl with other genre interest might differ

Reactions: Nightwish

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What, no Reporter friend goofball $200 discount? :angry:
bjWFvIu.jpg
I bet Tom secretly works for Sony and he's the one who grossly overpriced the memory cards. Thanks, Tom! :angry:

Reactions: Ryukouki

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjWFvIu.jpg
I bet Tom secretly works for Sony and he's the one who grossly overpriced the memory cards. Thanks, Tom! :angry:

God, what a mean person! :angry:

And back on topic, seriously, nice piece. :) Now I don't have to spend all my weekend putting one out.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"But Foxi, the PSVita has no Gaemz"

I dont quite agree with this post, and while that mock comment is a common internet opinion, it is actually half true. The console doesnt seem to be made for all the public, of couse there´s some neat action, racing sport gaming, but thats all there is.

Just a couple days ago i was deciding my next purchase between a vita and a ps4, and after lots of reading my conclusion was..... NONE... both systems game library is just not for me..

I mostly play rpg games, im an old school rpg player, sometimes tho i enjoy other kind of games like the latest batman, racing plataforms etc, but after looking at the library for the vita, which should be good by now.. i just found lacluster rpg games among other things (there are exceptions but theyre ports such as persona 4 and ffx remake, but well i already have those for the ps3..), then i thought i would buy it just to play my psn account classics, but i already do that with my psp 2000.. so well didnt seem like much of a worth the money purchase.

I wont even mention de ps4 as its still building the game library, and there seem to be a couple interesting games coming to warrant the purchase ina future, but ill wait to see how it fares againts the xbox.

So yea the psvita has no gaemz for me, but other ppl with other genre interest might differ
If you're looking of RPG's and JRPG's on the PSVita, there's quite a bit of them available already and more yet to come. Just to name a few, Persona 4 Golden, Mind 0, Demon Gaze, Conception 2, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (if you like Action RPG's), Valhalla Knights 3 (the same applies), Final Fantasy X and X-II HD, Tales of Hearts R, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth, Ys: Memories of Celecta, Disgaea 3, a whole set of Atelier games and more on the way, not to mention all the PSP and PSOne titles.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
there should be some stuff for it at gamescom and tgs

Gamescom has more promise. The games revealed there will have a better chance of being released worldwide. Where as the weaboo games of TGS almost never leave the shores of Japan. (Not to mention, the TGS's of years past have been pretty lame.)

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Some people are getting bored to expensive device just gathering dust so it's super easy to grab second hand super cheap. I got 3G model with 16gb memory card for under 100€ - mint condition and everything included.
If you own PS3/PS4 just remember to click those PS+ Vita games as well and you have large library from the very start: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

Will the P-TV need memory cards for games or is it just streaming???
Playstation TV is pretty much the same thing as Vita - however some Vita games aren't compatible with it. Why did they call it Playstation TV in the west anyway? I bought japanese Vita TV and was very dissapointed by this fact (and that I had to use my japanese account which only had PS3 games). Device has 1gb of internal storage and uses same Vita memory cards and regular physical Vita games.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
LOL more $ony propaganda from GBAtemp, why am I not surprised? :rofl:

Power doesn't matter with your OLED just to display realistically rendered battlefields and I would never pay $100 for a memory card. You can keep your bangbang shooters and no games I only play original games like Mario, Link and Pokemon.

Who would pay $200 + $100 for a memory card for a handheld filled with bang bang shooter no games? :rofl2:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Power doesn't matter with your OLED just to display realistically rendered battlefields and I would never pay $100 for a memory card. You can keep your bangbang shooters and no games I only play original games like Mario, Link and Pokemon.

Who would pay $200 + $100 for a memory card for a handheld filled with bang bang shooter no games? :rofl2:
What if Zelda was a girl?

FgUCbcq.png

D

Deleted_171835

It's kinda disgusting how the staffers on this forum keep trying to peddle their Sony agenda on us. Like, I came to this forum originally for the biased opinions and Pokemon leaks and now there's this. I've been alive for at most 10 years and have a wide varied taste in games such as Mario, Pokemon, Mario and not to mention, Pokemon yet staffers like Foxi4 think that I won't notice their blatant Sony propaganda.

That's it, I quit. I'm off to a better forum that has members that know what good games are.

:angry:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda disgusting how the staffers on this forum keep trying to peddle their Sony agenda on us. Like, I came to this forum originally for the biased opinions and Pokemon leaks and now there's this. I've been alive for at most 10 years and have a wide varied taste in games such as Mario, Pokemon, Mario and not to mention, Pokemon yet staffers like Foxi4 think that I won't notice their blatant Sony propaganda.

That's it, I quit. I'm off to a better forum that has members that know what good games are.

:angry:

Oh good, I was afraid you'd go to another forum like NeoGAF

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol