Beyond Good and Evil 2 "on hold for now"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009
  1. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    United States
    Sources from the Gamescom conference had some rather sad and not altogether comforting news about the sequel to Beyond Good and Evil 2-

Now Gamersyde's Snoopers confirms that the game has been put on hold after being informed at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany, tweeting:

"I got confirmation at Cologne's Gamescom that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is on hold for now. No idea if it's def or temporary but it sucks."

In addition to this piece of bad news, the Ubisoft North America said in July of this year that he wouldn't even confirm if the game was in development or not-

"Whether or not it [Beyond Good & Evil 2] comes out remains to be seen anyway, but we didn't want to abandon that IP because it has a cache and authenticity about it. There's something very pure about that game and it's too bad that we were not able to build it as an IP at the time."

"Well, I didn't say there's definitely going to be another game. I said something had leaked, which means we've been working on some Beyond Good and Evil stuff, but whether there's going to be another game or not, that's something for the future,"
    -Ubisoft's North American president Laurent Detoc

Assuming this news is true, it's a sad piece of news. So far, we have only gotten one teaser trailer of the game, and it was just a cutscene of Jade and Pey'j from the first game sitting around in the middle of a desert next to what appears to be a broke truck. Nothing special at all really. And Ubisoft is being very hush hush about it. It's kind of unlike them to be so pessimistic about something like this unless they really were scrapping it.;1320917.htm
  2. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Dar es Salaam
    it does seem likely cuz its pretty detailed and the facts dont seem haphazard or something along tht line