Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_109723.png

After numerous rumors, trailers, and speculations, Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been confirmed to be actively in development, and for next generation consoles nonetheless.

According to Michel Ancel, the man behind Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil, the game is "in an active creation stage and at this moment we are only focusing on the game and making it the best game that we can." Despite this promising news, Ancel still wouldn't give a general release date, saying "We focus on the game. We create it first, then we'll see what can run it. We don't say 2013 because we don't know when it will come. We're working to create a great game and it needs more tech."

A teaser video from last year also showed the protagonist Jade parkouring out and about. On this mechanic, Ancel compared the game more to the likes of Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed. "We had this concept even before Mirror's Edge launched. And we have a different approach to the first person perspective that Mirror's Edge has. Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed are closer to what we have in mind with the control of the character in a third person perspective," according to Ancel.

The screenshot (seen above) was apparently revealed as well at AllGamesBeta. However, there is no confirmation yet.

:arrow: Source

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://i.imgur.com/DZ5Q0.jpg
A higher resolution image so you can properly see what's going on. Not sure what to think of this as it's still in development.

Edit: why did it go away?

Another edit: wut? "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." It's a .jpg...

D

Deleted_171835

Wii U or PS4 and Nextbox? Ubisoft and Ancel have been praising the Wii U a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if it is for the Wii U.

FYI, that screenshot isn't confirmed to be from Beyond Good and Evil 2 so take it with a grain of salt.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_m2yh8qtntG1r0kgheo2_500.jpg

Brightened up my boring afternoon.
Loved Beyond Good and Evil. In fact I replayed it a just few months ago.

But this was "announced" a while ago if I remember correctly (I don't remember any screenshots though).

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
please let this be real, please let this be real... i can't freaking wait...!!! :D TAKE MY MONEY UBISOFT TAKE IT ALL... and btw if you haven't found peyj... please go finish the game btw i beat the 1st game 10 times lol its that good.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how games should be developed. Making the best damn game they can and THEN worrying about the tech. Not only sucking up to the more powerful consoles, but the ones they want for that kind of game.
Also, YAYS

D

Deleted_171835

This is how games should be developed. Making the best damn game they can and THEN worrying about the tech. Not only sucking up to the more powerful consoles, but the ones they want for that kind of game.
Also, YAYS
Uh, no. You still have to take the power of a console into consideration. If that wasn't the case, I would have started work on my game with an infinitely-large open-world with no loading times and super-high resolution textures that take up 1TB along with human-like AI a long time ago.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, YAYS
Uh, no. You still have to take the power of a console into consideration. If that wasn't the case, I would have started work on my game with an infinitely-large open-world with no loading times and super-high resolution textures that take up 1TB along with human-like AI a long time ago.
Hey, you could have started it back then and had it done by the time a computer could run it. All hardware does is improve a game. Software IS the game. You could make it, doesnt mean anything would run it in that period of time but sooner or later something would come around that could run your game. Sounds more to me like you being lazy :P

Also, didnt have a talk about arguing with peoples opinions Soul? You never win.

D

Deleted_171835

Hey, you could have started it back then and had it done by the time a computer could run it. All hardware does is improve a game. Software IS the game. You could make it, doesnt mean anything would run it in that period of time but sooner or later something would come around that could run your game. Sounds more to me like you being lazy :P

Also, didnt have a talk about arguing with peoples opinions Soul? You never win.
What's the point of designing a game that won't be feasible for the next couple of decades?

Also, wut.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game has been off and on for years. As much as I loved the first game, I'll not be looking forward to this one at least until it's been officially announced.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game has been off and on for years. As much as I loved the first game, I'll not be looking forward to this one at least until it's been officially announced.

Well it was officially announced a while ago and a few trailers have been released, but development has been pushed a lot. I'm guessing Rayman Origins pushed it back and I'm wondering if Rayman Legends will as well.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What's the point of designing a game that won't be feasible for the next couple of decades?

Also, wut.

What's the point of making Video Games to begin with?
and you know what I mean :P

LINK289

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait :'D

God, I have been waiting for this for such a long time.. Played the first on its release day at a friends house, finally got it on the original Xbox two years ago, and got it on the 360 once it came out on the arcade. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite +1