Beyond Good and Evil 2 Confirmed For Next Gen Consoles

D

Deleted_171835

What's the point of making Video Games to begin with?
and you know what I mean :P
For publishers: Money
For developers: There's a multitude of reasons.

Regardless, in either scenario, designing a game that won't be feasible on hardware for a while doesn't make sense. I mean, sooner or later I'll get my quad-HD space simulator but there's no reason to start work on it now.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it was officially announced a while ago and a few trailers have been released, but development has been pushed a lot. I'm guessing Rayman Origins pushed it back and I'm wondering if Rayman Legends will as well.

I probably chose the wrong words there. While Ancel has been going on about it over the years, the game seems to have received very little in the way of acknowledgement from Ubisoft. It's never felt, from the years in development, that Ubisoft have taken the game/project seriously, just letting Ancel [and a small team] potter around with it as long as it doesn't get in the may of more.. profitable projects.

Time will tell I suppose, but fingers crossed.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Regardless, in either scenario, designing a game that won't be feasible on hardware for a while doesn't make sense. I mean, sooner or later I'll get my quad-HD space simulator but there's no reason to start work on it now.
I guess you really think something like a quad-space HD generator would actually take about a year or two don't you? Most really big games we see now have been worked on prior to that generation, and they aren't half of what your describing. I wouldn't be suprised in Ninty or some big third party (like capcom, 2K or something) isn't working on a project that could run next generation. And I do mean, NEXT not this gen.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Defintely one of my most anticipated titles. In my opinion the original was underrated (and yes, I know the scores it got :P). Amazing game.

I don't mind them taking their time with this, since the expectations are very high! Also I really hope they'll have the same voiceactors, since I thought that aspect was perfect.

Also I remeber the original BG&E was one of the very first game to only support widescreen. It defintely was ahead of its time!

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They already said like a year ago that the current consoles weren't good enough to make beyond good and evil 2, so I don't see why this is news since it was expected to be on the next generation anyway.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess you really think something like a quad-space HD generator would actually take about a year or two don't you? Most really big games we see now have been worked on prior to that generation, and they aren't half of what your describing. I wouldn't be suprised in Ninty or some big third party (like capcom, 2K or something) isn't working on a project that could run next generation. And I do mean, NEXT not this gen.

I don't think it really works that way. As hardware evolves, software development tools evolve as well. Look at Duke Nukem Forever. Modern game, 10+ years in the making. Still doesn't look as good as most modern games, and the design is dated as well.

It's like saying that somebody should have started working on Adobe Photoshop, or Microsoft Office back before C was invented. Would Photoshop be a better product today, if written in the 1940's, in assembly? :P

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The latter.
Well, Ubisoft released the original for the 3 main consoles and PC, plus ACIII has been confirmed for Wii U, so I think it's almost certainly a "yes" for Wii U. As for the others, I guess it's a matter of how much time there is between the BG&E2 release and the other next gen consoles' releases.

I still need to play the original. I've wanted to since it came out, but never got around to picking up a copy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an NDA with Wii U developers that's supposed to end in E3. That's why we haven't got any Wii U game announcements (except for a few rare things but those are just glitches in the matrix).

In that case they'd probably say "next gen console" and not "next gen consoles".

The odds of this being exclusive to anything is pretty silm honestly. The original is a multiplat game originally and its been ported to multiple platforms as well (see BG&E HD).

D

Deleted_171835

The latter.

If it was gonna be a Wii U exclusive they would've just said that. Saying "next gen consoles" implies it'll be released on consoles we don't know about yet.
There's an NDA with Wii U developers that's supposed to end in E3. That's why we haven't got any Wii U game announcements (except for a few rare things but those are just glitches in the matrix).

D

Deleted_171835

In that case they'd probably say "next gen console" and not "next gen consoles".

The odds of this being exclusive to anything is pretty silm honestly. The original is a multiplat game originally and its been ported to multiple platforms as well (see BG&E HD).
Well I didn't mean exclusive to the Wii U. I was talking about the game being released on the Wii U along with other next-gen platforms and the PC.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't mean exclusive to the Wii U. I was talking about the game being released on the Wii U along with other next-gen platforms and the PC.

Oh, that's certainly not out of the question considering the original was on the Gamecube as well as your aforementioned Ubisoft support of the system.

Sorry, I thought you meant that you were wondering if it was gonna be Wii U exclusive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: