Hacking [BEWARE] Unlinking Sysnand side effects (while using 2 disks)

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
After setting up haxchi + mochacfw + rednand i decided to unlink sysnand as i had icons with questions marks appearing (kind of randomly on reboot) .
Some other posts, comments suggested to do so to get rid of those icons.

However there are some side effect in doing so especially when using 2 disks and having rednand + seeprom + otp redirection enabled :

1. I have 2 disk connected , one formated for my rednand and the second one in u-stealth hidden mode for wii mode. After unlinking sysnand if the 2 disks are connected i have a popup appearing that prevent any action until one of the disk is unplugged or formated : Two or more USB Storage devices are connected . You can format or manage data on a usb ...... I end up redumping/relinking the rednand to get rid of this popup
  2. The question mark icon issue is not resolve .
  3. The wii slc is also formated (in case anybody is wondering)

D

Deleted User

Why you're using redNAND? You're not a dev, you don't need it!
We have Haxchi, CBHC and damn Mocha CFW which provides sigpatching to sysmenu. [Nobody uses it for redNAND anymore (expect for devs)]

Reactions: PoppaDre

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Why you're using redNAND? You're not a dev, you don't need it!
We have Haxchi, CBHC and damn Mocha CFW which provides sigpatching to sysmenu. [Nobody uses it for redNAND anymore (expect for devs)]

Lot of people are using it. For me I don't play that much, my kids are. However since a few days i m using wupclient to fiddle with the base os and other files for fu nand non profit purpose

D

Deleted User

Lot of people are using it. For me I don't play that much, my kids are. However since a few days i m using wupclient to fiddle with the base os and other files for fu nand non profit purpose
redNAND was basically created for screwing around with stuff so i guess you have purpose.
Other than that, it's not needed. [Corrupts pretty easily etc.]

D

Deleted User

Listen kid - I don't need you to tell me what's useless and what isn't.

@recgame77 keep using it if it fits your needs.
Oh no, i got called "kid" on internet by some dude.
Just keep your childish insults to yourself and pray to your redNAND gods.
Goodbye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol