Country
Gambia, The
So I have a problem.

The initial situation is as following:
  • I have a clean 3.1E dump with ONLY BootMii beta 2 on it
  • the other Wii is virtually dead but is able to get into BootMii beta 3
  • boot1 and boot2 version is the same on both Wii's
  • -> trying to convert my dump for the faulty Wii
So I installed python-2.6.2, as well as pycrypto-2.0.1 and numpy-1.3.0 Windows binaries.
Then I took my nand.bin, opened It to get the files "nand-key" and "nand-hmac" (tried to do it manual and automatically). I even double checked both with the xyzzy log on my SD.
I then removed the last 1024 bytes from the nand.bin file and renamed it flash.bin.

Then I asked the owner of the broken Wii for his keys.bin (as he has BootMii beta 3) and did the same there: created "nand-key" and "nand-hmac" manually and also automated. Both had the same result...

betwiin.py does not report any errors, but the resultin flash.bin only differs for 0x00-bytes, which turned into 0xFF. Nothing else seem to have changed and I don't get why. Any ideas? Could it be Windows XP?

Here are the first lines of the output python gives: http://pastebin.com/m2486def4

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It sounds good and i'm sure Windows XP isn't the problem. I fix four full bricks with betwiin and an infectus NAND flasher.
I know only one problem: Not all converted dumps work hundred percent on every Wii and this has nothing to do with the NAND errors.

I would suggest to use another dump and verify the keys u use.

Edit:
Det1re said:
Here are the first lines of the output python gives: http://pastebin.com/m2486def4
That's looks perfect, you are sure the converted dump is not converted?
Compare the bytes after boot1/2($fffff)!

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for the late answer. Betwiin was running, converting another dump from the same Wii and it seemed to work now. I checked random places in the files for differences before, but now it seems to converted it.

comparytle.png

I'll try later again with the cleaner dump, while I'm waiting for the person with the broken Wii to come online.

Thanks HiBit.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, good luck.

But a last hint in german:
Wenn die Wii läuft versuch die Einstellungen zu ändern und schau ob diese gespeichert werden. Zudem wäre es nicht schlecht wenn du versuchst ob der AnyRegion Changer die Region ändern kann und du die einzelnen Kanäle auf ihre Funktion prüfst.

Ich hatte es nicht nur ein mal das da irgend etwas geklemmt hat und ich konnte es nicht fixen obwohl die Ziel-Wii keine defekten Blocks hatte.
Natürlich hatte ich jedes IOS und alle Kanäle bereits von Hand neu installiert, ebenfalls die settings.ini und die config per fstoolbox. Hat aber nichts gebracht.

Warum ist mir ein Rätsel, aber mit einem anderen Dump waren die Probleme behoben.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn