• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Betty White passed at 99

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you for being a friend
3965A267-9252-40E2-BDCD-9414D5EA33FA.jpeg
Betty White has passed away today at the age of 99 and just 17 days short of her 100th birthday. This is the final “Fuck you” of 2021
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/31/arts/television/betty-white-dead.html

Last edited by The Catboy,

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to sometimes see her on Match Game with Gene Rayburn (I tend to watch reruns of Match Game on Game Show Network). Truly sad news indeed that she was so close to reaching 100; may she RIP.

Reactions: AmandaRose

trimesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I don't know this person. What was so great her?

She was an entertainer that lasted a really long time in the toxic cesspit that was (and is) Hollywood. I can also confirm, having met her personally, that she was a genuinely funny person to be around.

It sort of sucks that she died so close to 100 years old, but she certainly had a good run.

Reactions: Creamu

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She was an entertainer that lasted a really long time in the toxic cesspit that was (and is) Hollywood. I can also confirm, having met her personally, that she was a genuinely funny person to be around.

It sort of sucks that she died so close to 100 years old, but she certainly had a good run.

And an avid pet lover. Plus a rep for the ASPCA

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
She was an entertainer that lasted a really long time in the toxic cesspit that was (and is) Hollywood.
Sorry to hear that she was in such bad company. Maybe there are good people in hollywood
I can also confirm, having met her personally, that she was a genuinely funny person to be around.
Sad to hear of her loss.
Maybe she didn't want to get that old.

trimesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
And an avid pet lover. Plus a rep for the ASPCA

OK, I didn't know that - I didn't really know much about her, since she was mostly in the US and I grew up in the UK - what I can remember was that when I met her she was in her 80's and had me laughing within minutes of meeting her. I also ended up having a strange discussion about her tits (strange, because she was old enough to be my grandmother, just about) and how I "didn't want to see them, because you would be permanently traumatized as a result".

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
OK, I didn't know that - I didn't really know much about her, since she was mostly in the US and I grew up in the UK - what I can remember was that when I met her she was in her 80's and had me laughing within minutes of meeting her. I also ended up having a strange discussion about her tits (strange, because she was old enough to be my grandmother, just about) and how I "didn't want to see them, because you would be permanently traumatized as a result".
Did she touch you inappropiatly?

trimesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry to hear that she was in such bad company. Maybe there are good people in hollywood

Sad to hear of her loss.

Maybe she didn't want to get that old.

There are good people in Hollywood, but not many, and a lot of them end up quitting in disgust. I do genuinely think she was one of the good ones, and certainly head and shoulders above a lot of the pond scum that infest that place.

I also think that if you get that close to being 100 years old, it's a bit of a bummer to die a few days short of that, but I guess if it's your time it's your time.

She was - obviously - of a different generation from me, but she impressed me as being a nice person.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: