Better DS3 - An alternative to Motionjoy Config

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by IBNobody, Jun 27, 2013.

1. IBNobody
    OP

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    If you use your Dual Shock 3 (or nav controller) on the PC, you're probably using MotionJoy drivers. Motionjoy's UI is riddled with ads, crashes frequently, requires an internet connection, and is lacking some basic features.

I stumbled on a utility called "Better DS3" the other day, and I'm very impressed.

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Better DS3 is an improved driver configuration tool for MotionJoy. While it still uses MotionJoy's drivers (and requires MotionJoy to be installed), it provides a much cleaner interface. It's very stable, too.

I'm currently using my nav controller and Better DS3 to play Aquaria on the PC. It's a godsend.

Here are some screenshots of Better DS3

kehkou likes this.
  2. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Good find! Cant wait to put it to use!:yayps3:

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    It works!!! It is so much better than MotionJoy. I hate ads.. Yay, no more ads!!! good finding, thanks!

4. kmno

kmno Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I have a question, can I use a different controler (one bought for use for the PS3 but third party) with motion joy?

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    No one answered this person's question ?

Anyway, good question. You can try and see if the third party works. I dont like the third party controllers. Its cheap, I know.