Bethesda Will Support Wii U If It’s Powerful Enough

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Zekrom_cool, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    [​IMG]

Bethesda Vice President Pete Hines has told journalists that the company is always looking to make their games available on as many consoles as possible, as long as they’re graphically capable of running them. Bethesda clearly don’t have any development kits, as Hines pointed out that he knows absolutely nothing about the technical capabilities of the new system. What Bethesda franchise would you most like to see on Wii U?[/p]

[​IMG] Source

2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I do want to know what this Skyrim about on the wii u.

Um... Did you post this after I link this in another thread? [​IMG]

3. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    What do you mean? [​IMG]

4. KingVamp

United States
    But it not really a bug deal so whatever.

It is powerful enough so I got no worries.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Games like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim should always be played on PC IMHO and no where else. Those versions are always far superior to any other versions of the game. I doubt they'll put a game like that out on Wii U.

6. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I'm psyched. I have very little doubt that good Bethesda games will be brought over and developed on the Wii U.

7. KingVamp

United States
    For some reason, I think this comment is just wrong. Just because you can see skin cells falling out a person or any small detail you normally won't look for
    when playing a game doesn't mean it should only be on PC.

Besides consoles is better for gaming anyway therefor there should be no PC games. [​IMG]

Guys I was joking on the second part. I didn't PC game. -.- '

For non-PC gamers doesn't mean they should get a good game as this Shyrim.

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    You are forgetting the fact that there are over 10 000 (!!!) mods out there for Oblivion alone. You can't only mod graphics and make them look at least as good as Skyrim, but you can modify gameplay immensely, add new quests, new areas, even new complete guilds with voice acting! New weapons, new magic, new houses, new caves, new WHATEVER, you want it, they got it.
    The developers greatly encourage these mods and they even put the most popular mods for Morrowind in Oblivion! Things like owning a house is such an example I think.
    You can basically prolong the gameplay of Oblivion immensely.
    All those mods are not possible on consoles. Therefore I think it's highly advised you play games like this on PC, and not on consoles.

9. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I disagree. I have seen some amazing mods for Fallout 3 and Oblivion. For instance, one person created an entire other continent in Oblivion, created from already available lore of said continent.

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The PC versions are absolutely huge for modding. There's an incredible amount of content in terms of mods that only the PC versions get. So yes, they're better on the PC.

EDIT: Fuck you Satangel and mach for DOUBLE NINJA'ING me.

EDIT 2: Although I still enjoy playing plain-old Fallout and Oblivion (mainly because my PC is shitty and I can't run any of them). They're a bit buggy and glitchy but it's still a lot of content and a lot of fun either way. Although I don't enjoy Oblivion nearly as much as Fallout.

11. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Oh and before you say that the PC versions are full of bugs due to bad porting or whatever, check out this:

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

12. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Adding to Satangel's Post

Antistar's Weapon Mod Kits mod Fallout 3 inspired Bethesda to add weapon mods to Fallout New Vegas. Also Fallout being a shooter its easier to aim with a mouse then a controller (when your not using vats. sniping / sneaking whatever)

Also there are lots of Mods that are game fixes for bugs in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.