Trolly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Undaunted by uneven sales of mature-rated Wii games, Bethesda is storming into the breach with an unannounced mature game for Nintendo's blockbuster console. In a new interview with Games Industry, Bethesda's European managing director Sean Brennan made no bones about his firm's plans. "We are going to make an announcement on a really big Wii game this year, we've got a couple of other things in the pipeline," said Brennan in the interview.

Bethesda appears to only be interested in the mature corner of the market. Brennan expressed no interest in casual titles or the minigame collections that currently fill shelves in the Wii sections at retail. He admits that mature-rated games may only be directed at five-percent of the Wii base, but Brennan sees that as an opportunity instead of a hindrance. "If it's five-percent of the market and you can own that space it's worth doing because you can achieve volume," said Brennan.

Up to this point, Bethesda has been primarily focused on delivering high-quality hardcore games to audiences on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Bethesda's recent Fallout 3 was a monster hit. But the game maker's decision to now target the Wii shows that Bethesda is not going to cede any corner of the market to its rivals. If it can foster the kind of heat, hype, and loyalty in the Wii space as it has with 360 gamers, Bethesda could have another hit on its hands with an entirely new audience. Wii gamers that lament the lack of hardcore, harder-edged games on Nintendo's white box should only welcome this development.

Source: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/983/983972p1.html

Hadrian

Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Bethesda did the excellent Elder Scrolls, they have also made some really horrible games in the past.

Still they regard it as a "big" title so I hope for the best as when they do go all out on a title it seems to work out well.

Kinda bored of these "announcements of announcements" though.

Trolly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Fair point, E3 is gonna be pretty awesome as a result of it though. And you mean the excellent Fallout 3 as well of course
wink.gif

Hadrian

Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Fair point, E3 is gonna be pretty awesome as a result of it though. And you mean the excellent Fallout 3 as well of course
wink.gif
Sadly I could never get into the 3rd Fallout.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yay for Bethesda!

Fallout 3 is awesome. It's such a great experience, all around very good atmosphere. I hope they get something like that on the Wii - not necessarily the same genre or setting as FO3 - but that "complete" feeling that everything in the game fits somehow. They're pulling off some real immersive gameplay.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fallout 3 is good, I'm replaying it ATM. To be honest, I found it to be just to similar to TESIV: Oblivion. But it's no Oblivion, and I love Oblivion... Fallout 3 was good, yes, but nowhere as good as the first two games.

Anyway, I really hope it's something good. I wouldn't mind a TES game on Wii, even if it's something like Redguard or TES Travels
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That would be a complete 180 for them, considering what Todd Howard has said in the past. Of course, he's not the business end of the company. Will be interesting, to say the least.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fallout: Animal Crossing edition.

Elder Scrolls for the Wii would be cool.

I think its safe to guess they'll start with a basic easy to grasp action game for their first Wii game.
No one enteres a market with their best hit right off the bat.

Really nice though to see more developers going for the more mature more core style games for the Wii.
Kinda what you wouldn't expect with the games not making the big sales, but hey, they know who the "core" gamers are. We aren't as big as the "casual" crowd but always seek and buy top notch games, so the sales are always there, just not as big.
Bethesda is making a smart move that'll make them look good among the core crowd.
I'll be watching for their games for awhile.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
    J @ Jephter: Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but...