Bethesda delays Starfield and Redfall to "first half of 2023"

capsule_616x353.jpg

In a brief Twitter post this morning, Bethesda announced the delay of two major upcoming titles. The first is Bethesda Game Studios' long-awaited Starfield, along with Arkane Studios' co-op FPS Redfall. No specific reason was given for the delay other than they need more polish. The publisher also said they are excited to give their first "deep dive" into the gameplay soon, but did not say when that might be. It's possible we will hear more on these titles at the Xbox & Bethesda games showcase happening on June 12, however.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good games take time to make. Doesn't matter if you're independent or a big studio. Chill the hell out and be more sympathetic.

Delays mean they're putting more time and care into the game, your immediate reaction should not be "it's almost guaranteed to be garbage!!1!". What, do you want it to release right now, unfinished and unplayable? Would that make it "not garbage"? I hope you don't seriously believe that...

Becasue after the delays of Cyberpunk, it released bug free. LMFAO! Perhaps think for a second before posting some stupid bullshit. And "Chill the hell out"? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Says the guy obviously triggered enough by my opinion to tell me to "Chill the hell out". LIke I was raging over here. Smfh. Try not to cry kidlet.

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Becasue after the delays of Cyberpunk, it released bug free. LMFAO! Perhaps think for a second before posting some stupid bullshit. And "Chill the hell out"? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Says the guy obviously triggered enough by my opinion to tell me to "Chill the hell out". LIke I was raging over here. Smfh. Try not to cry kidlet.
Your comment is filled with ego-cope and salt, Mister Perfect. And no, "but cyberpunk was buggy!!" is not a silver bullet or magical UNO reverse card that will just make you look like the smartest guy on Earth, because guess what?

Cyberpunk was buggy because it went through development hell and was rushed during the final years of its development cycle. The delays were not enough to save it and they already promised to release the game sometime in 2020. If you were using your brain (assuming you have one), you'd be able to figure out on your own that the game would have shipped far worse had there been no delays at all, so my point is still completely withstanding.

So there you go, tough guy. You just made yourself look even dumber. Hm... Now I wonder what advice you could learn from this. Oh, I know!

Perhaps think for a second before posting some stupid bullshit.

After all, I DID say that delays could make games less garbage, not bug free. Bugs weren't even the specific subject of the discussion. You know, things you'd figure out if you had read my initial reply.

Says the guy obviously triggered enough by my opinion to tell me to "Chill the hell out".
Our additudes in those posts were wildly different. I was critical, with some helpful counter-arguments provided. On the other hand, you were whining and clearly angry about the delay, making wild assumptions which are just simply nonsense, thus why I told you to "Chill the hell out". Because you need to chill the hell out, seriously. You're acting like a kid, especially right now.

Last edited by bonkmaykr,
Reactions: nikeymikey

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your comment is filled with ego-cope and salt, Mister Perfect. And no, "but cyberpunk was buggy!!" is not a silver bullet or magical UNO reverse card that will just make you look like the smartest guy on Earth, because guess what?

Cyberpunk was buggy because it went through development hell and was rushed during the final years of its development cycle. The delays were not enough to save it and they already promised to release the game sometime in 2020. If you were using your brain (assuming you have one), you'd be able to figure out on your own that the game would have shipped far worse had there been no delays at all, so my point is still completely withstanding.

So there you go, tough guy. You just made yourself look even dumber. Hm... Now I wonder what advice you could learn from this. Oh, I know!

After all, I DID say that delays could make games less garbage, not bug free. Bugs weren't even the specific subject of the discussion. You know, things you'd figure out if you had read my initial reply.

Our additudes in those posts were wildly different. I was critical, with some helpful counter-arguments provided. On the other hand, you were whining and clearly angry about the delay, making wild assumptions which are just simply nonsense, thus why I told you to "Chill the hell out". Because you need to chill the hell out, seriously. You're acting like a kid, especially right now.

Blah blah blah blah blah hypocrite blah blah blah blah blah crybaby blah blah blah blah meltdown blah blah blah blah blah blah triggered blah blah blah blah blah blah.

This is what I literally said. LITERALLY. "Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage."

Then you chimed in with paragraphs of pure meltdown, insult laden, rants. You're right, our attitudes were very different. I made a simple comment and you've flown completely off the handle. You should probably just go to bed. It's way past your bedtime and you're turning into a Little Mr. Grumpypants. Go get your jammies on and I'll be in to tuck you in shortly. Sweet dreams sweetie.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Blah blah blah blah blah hypocrite blah blah blah blah blah crybaby blah blah blah blah meltdown blah blah blah blah blah blah triggered blah blah blah blah blah blah.

This is what I literally said. LITERALLY. "Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage."

Then you chimed in with paragraphs of pure meltdown, insult laden, rants. You're right, our attitudes were very different. I made a simple comment and you've flown completely off the handle. You should probably just go to bed. It's way past your bedtime and you're turning into a Little Mr. Grumpypants. Go get your jammies on and I'll be in to tuck you in shortly. Sweet dreams sweetie.
That "pure meltdown" was a detailed explanation on why what you just said was ignorant and stupid. You're angry at me because you can't take any criticism. I don't see how I'm the problem.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just because CDPR fucked up with Cyberpunk you automatically assume EVERY major AAA title that gets any form of delay will be released as a broken buggy piece of garbage. Hopefully you will syfh so much that it actually gets some sense knocked into it....

Also....

DUDE CHILL THE HELL OUT!!! :)

Its STARFIELD btw. Even I would expect a a game called Starfiled to be a piece of crap.

PS... self entitled little shits shouldn't be allowed a keyboard if they can't keep their temper under control, I suggest you go put yours in the nearest bin.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That "pure meltdown" was a detailed explanation on why what you just said was ignorant and stupid. You're angry at me because you can't take any criticism. I don't see how I'm the problem.

Fact is still that I made an option and you're STILL flying off the handle with a complete meltdown. LMFAO! Talk about angry. And I can't take criticism? Hypocrite much? Of course you wouln't see yourself as the problem. Here, let me point it out to you, again.

I stated "Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage."

Then you stared rattling off crap like this about it:

"Chill the hell out"
"ego-cope and salt"
"Mister Perfect"
"magical UNO reverse card that will just make you look like the smartest guy on Earth"
"If you were using your brain (assuming you have one)"
"So there you go, tough guy"
"You just made yourself look even dumber"
"you were whining and clearly angry"
"You're acting like a kid"
"ignorant and stupid"
"You're angry at me because you can't take any criticism"

Now compare what I said in my OP with your shit posts. Seems you're the one that needs to chill the hell out, thinks they are Mister Perfect, is filled with ego-cope and salt, acting like the tough guy, constantly whining and making insults, acting like a child, etc., etc. And last but not least.... is angry at me becasue they can't take any criticism. I didn't say SHIT to or about you until you started crying about my criticisms of Bethesda and MS and began slinging the insults. Like I said, hypocrite much? Who's the one here who REALLY can't take critisisms? Hint. Not me. :lol:

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Now compare what I said in my OP with your shit posts. Seems you're the one that needs to chill the hell out, thinks they are Mister Perfect, is filled with ego-cope and salt, acting like the tough guy, constantly whining and making insults, acting like a child, etc., etc. And last but not least.... is angry at me becasue they can't take any criticism. I didn't say SHIT to or about you until you started crying about my criticisms of Bethesda and MS and began slinging the insults. Like I said, hypocrite much? Who's the one here who REALLY can't take critisisms? Hint. Not me. :lol:
I'm not taking your criticism because your criticism is dog shit.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow. What an amazing argument. You're like a little kid plugging their ears and saying "LAAAAAA LA LA LAAAAA I CAAAAANNNNNT HEARRRRR YOU!!!!", while mumbling & grumbling angry insult filled rants under their breath. You got called out on your rotten attitude and hypocricy and now all you have left is "I'm not taking your criticism because your criticism is dog shit." I guess you folded. Better luck next time.

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Wow. What an amazing argument. You're like a little kid plugging their ears and saying "LAAAAAA LA LA LAAAAA I CAAAAANNNNNT HEARRRRR YOU!!!!", while mumbling & grumbling angry insult filled rants under their breath. You got called out on your rotten attitude and hypocricy and now all you have left is "I'm not taking your criticism because your criticism is dog shit." I guess you folded. Better luck next time.
wtf are you on? Go take your meds man. This is exactly what I meant by ego-cope.
I stopped saying anything else constructive because every time I do it just flies over your head while you yell insults at me to cope with the frustration that you are, infact, acting like a fucking idiot.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf are you on? Go take your meds man. This is exactly what I meant by ego-cope.
I stopped saying anything else constructive because every time I do it just flies over your head while you yell insults at me to cope with the frustration that you are, infact, acting like a fucking idiot.

Nice tactic. Besides being a loud mouth, hypocritical, narcissist.... are you a forever Trumper too? Because those things generally go hand in hand & you stole one straight from The Book of Deplorable. Accusing the other party of EXACTLY the thing you have been doing all along. Regardless of your continual tantrums, MS still does little to nothing with the studios they buy & Starfield has a good chance of failing. And from the looks of things more people agree with me than they do with your freak outs. Try not to cry much longer abouit it. I mean, it's been a few days and you're still carrying on like a 2 yr old.

I'm out. But before I go, just know there is help for you. Narcissism can't be cured, but it can be treated. An anger management class would also do very good things for you. All you need to do is ask for some help. You don't need to feel the way you do anymore. It can be better. I promise! We're all rooting for ya.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fact is still that I made an option and you're STILL flying off the handle with a complete meltdown. LMFAO! Talk about angry. And I can't take criticism? Hypocrite much? Of course you wouln't see yourself as the problem. Here, let me point it out to you, again.

I stated "Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage."

Then you stared rattling off crap like this about it:

"Chill the hell out"
"ego-cope and salt"
"Mister Perfect"
"magical UNO reverse card that will just make you look like the smartest guy on Earth"
"If you were using your brain (assuming you have one)"
"So there you go, tough guy"
"You just made yourself look even dumber"
"you were whining and clearly angry"
"You're acting like a kid"
"ignorant and stupid"
"You're angry at me because you can't take any criticism"

Nice tactic. Besides being a loud mouth, hypocritical, narcissist.... are you a forever Trumper too? Because those things generally go hand in hand & you stole one straight from The Book of Deplorable. Accusing the other party of EXACTLY the thing you have been doing all along. Regardless of your continual tantrums, MS still does little to nothing with the studios they buy & Starfield has a good chance of failing. And from the looks of things more people agree with me than they do with your freak outs. Try not to cry much longer abouit it. I mean, it's been a few days and you're still carrying on like a 2 yr old.

I'm out. But before I go, just know there is help for you. Narcissism can't be cured, but it can be treated. An anger management class would also do very good things for you. All you need to do is ask for some help. You don't need to feel the way you do anymore. It can be better. I promise! We're all rooting for ya.

This spat was better than Eurovision :rofl::rofl:

Shame it just degraded into mud slinging tho as there was actually a valid point at the beginning :)

This was the opinion that started it all...

Stone_Wings said "Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage."

Which although flawed is his opinion and he is super entitled to it (even tho he seems to be talking about a game that doesn't even exist.... Starfiled?? :rofl2:)

And seeing as this doesn't seem to have been said here yet....

"a delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thread sure went to shit for no reason.

I'm okay with waiting a bit longer, won't kill me or affect me whatsoever since I will be able to play it for free on launch with gamepass (something that can't be said for most triple A games).

Regarding the comments about Cyberpunk, it wasn't a bad game. It was plagued by bugs and issues but the game itself was not bad, far from it (granted, it wasn't the second coming that people expected, but if not for the bugs and other issues, the game would have been pretty solid). Execs didn't want to delay the game again when they should have due to all the pressure they had to release the game. It was unfortunate.

Reactions: urbanman2004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn