BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dishonored-spreadcover.jpg

QUOTE said:
Bethesda is working on a first-person stealth action-adventure called Dishonored, Game Informer magazine said on Thursday.

Arkane Studios, previously responsible for the first-person role-playing games Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, is developing the game. Bethesda has brought aboard noted game designers Harvey Smith (Deus Ex, Thief) and Viktor Antonov (Half-Life 2) to work on Dishonored.

In a feature in its upcoming August issue, Game Informer says the game will spoil players for choice:

Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It’s a game about assassination where you don’t have to kill anyone. It’s a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat’s mansion rather than sneak in. It’s a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It’s a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

PC, 360 and PS3.
Source

Stealth fans must be very excited for this, Bethesda can deliver some quality games.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a game... called Splinter Cell.

Not really, but I personally never got into stealth-based games. They always seemed so... unfair. It didn't seem like you were actually using stealth because the situation demanded it, but because the game didn't let you go about it any other way, and you were punished if you strayed even slightly from what the game considered stealth and what it considered barraging. Bethesda's Elder Scroll/Fallout games incredibly not-withstanding.

But I wanna see more info on this and see what turns out of the project.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a game... called Metal Gear.

lol actually idk.
laugh.gif

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Wow I'm excited for this title. A new Stealth game is what we need other then all these COD Clones we get.

jalaneme said:
i bet this game will be just as bad and a failure as that brink game, why are they bothering?

Because it's something Interesting even if it fails more then Brink they're building up guts and trying something different.

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Stealth fans must be very excited for this, Bethesda can deliver some quality games.

It's funny you say that, because Bethesda is not developing this game. Bethesda Softworks is publisher, the game developer is Bethesda Game Studios...

So... I don't think that judging by games developed by Bethesda in the past is appropriate, since in this case they're just publishing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed