Homebrew [Beta] PHBankManager - Multi Bank Manage for PHBank (For Heavy Collectors and Developers)

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overview:

PHBankManager (not affiliated with PHBank and its creator) allows the user to have multiple bank files that are able to be renamed with a computer or 3ds homebrew, and used offline in both .3dsx and .cia format.

PHBankManager currently supports up to 20 bank files.
(30 Pokemon in 100 boxes for 20 bank files = 60,000 total Pokemon slots.)

If you have already used PHBank, then your bank will automatically be used with PHBankManager and other bank files you create.

If you have never used PHBank, then PHBankManager will create a new bank file for you on startup.

People needing more than 20 bank files can easily implement this adjustment, however an obscene number of, say, 10,000 bank files will need more adjustments made, but it is still doable. (Not that anyone will need to go this high.)

3dsx Installation:

PHBankManager 3dsx Prerequisites:
Grab the latest PHBank.3dsx from https://github.com/gocario/PHBank/releases
Merge the "3ds" folder from the zip with the one on the root of your SD card.
Grab the latest pkbrew from https://github.com/gocario/pkbrew/
Copy the "pk" folder from the zip onto the root of your SD card.

Installing 3dsx:
Unzip the PHBankManager zip file.
Merge the "3ds" folder in the zip with the "3ds" folder on the root of your SD card.
Copy the "bankManager" folder from the zip to the SD root.
Launch your homebrew loader, and run "PHBankManager".

CIA Installation:

PHBankManager CIA Prerequisites:
Grab the latest PHBank.cia from https://github.com/gocario/PHBank/releases
Install the "cia" file from the zip.
Grab the latest pkbrew from https://github.com/gocario/pkbrew/
Copy the "pk" folder from the zip onto the root of your SD card.

Installing CIA:
Unzip the PHBankManager zip file.
Copy the "PHBankManager.cia" to your SD card.
Launch your favorite CIA installer, and install the "PHBankManager.cia".
NOTE: PHBANK.CIA MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE CIA VERSION OF PHBANKMANAGER TO WORK PROPERLY!

PHBankManager Usage:

Press "B" to create a new bank file.
Use Up/Down to choose the bank file you wish to use.
Press "A" to select the bank file to open PHBank with.
Press "Start" to exit without selection.

After pressing "A", the 3dsx version will quit, allowing you to run the PHBank 3dsx with the selected bank.

After pressing "A", the cia version will automatically launch the Installed PHBank CIA.

Known Bug(s):

For some reason, creating a new bank file saves a temp file to your SD card. (In "/3ds/PHBankManager/" for 3dsx users, and "/" for cia users.)
The “permatemp” file has a numerical name that is nine digits long, and is zero bytes large.
These files are not used with PHBankManager, and do nothing, so deleting them is okay.
Or keep them if you enjoy seeing all the numbers.

Credits:

Thanks to Rinnegatamante for the lpp-3ds source and samples on how to use it, as well as Gocario for PHBank!
Special thanks to /u/ItsProfOak AKA CollectorTogami for testing the Alpha version of this script, as well as asking me to make it! (It gave me a chance to relax a bit!)

Always make sure to backup your original bank file at “/pk/bank/bank” before using PHBankManager for the first time! I am not responsible for any damage this does!

Thanks for checking out PHBankManager!

Attachments

• PHBankManager.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 420
Last edited by zaksabeast,

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I've never had the need to use something like PHBank since I usually don't go crazy on catching every shiny ever, but go for it other persons :3

Good job man!

Thanks!

If you would host your .cia file on github as a release, it could be added to TitleDB.com for easy direct installation via the FBI or Homebr3w apps.

Thank you for the info! I'll probably end up doing that!

Reactions: ksanislo

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this will only work with PHBank (Gen 6).
Ok :(

(I wish there was a Phbank app for the gen 2 games... I can't withdraw or move any Pokemon from my first box due to some bug with Full boxes. I just wish I could move some of the Pokemon to other boxes (outside of the game) so I can actually use them...)

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having an error trying to boot it using either a cia version or 3dsh.
unnamed.jpg
I have these files on the SD Card. O3DS Running Luma Lattest release.
Desenho (10).png
Could you help me?

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an error trying to boot it using either a cia version or 3dsh.
View attachment 61741
I have these files on the SD Card. O3DS Running Luma Lattest release.
View attachment 61742
Could you help me?

Of course! That error means that the file at "/pk/bank/bank" can't be found. Since PHBankManager creates this file on the first launch if it is not present, then the folder "/pk/bank/" must not be present, which means you might be using an outdated version of PHBank that stores the bank file in a different location.

Try updating PHBank to the latest version from the github link in the original post, as well as grabbing the new "pk" folder from the pkbrew repo on github (this link is also in the original post).

PHBank's thread on gbatemp says updating from a PHBank version that is <= v1.1.4-beta-a also means moving the file (not the folder) at "/pk/bank" to "/pk/bank/bank". (Basically, create a folder called "bank" in the "pk" folder, then move the file "bank" into the folder "bank".)

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Of course! That error means that the file at "/pk/bank/bank" can't be found. Since PHBankManager creates this file on the first launch if it is not present, then the folder "/pk/bank/" must not be present, which means you might be using an outdated version of PHBank that stores the bank file in a different location.

Try updating PHBank to the latest version from the github link in the original post, as well as grabbing the new "pk" folder from the pkbrew repo on github (this link is also in the original post).

PHBank's thread on gbatemp says updating from a PHBank version that is <= v1.1.4-beta-a also means moving the file (not the folder) at "/pk/bank" to "/pk/bank/bank". (Basically, create a folder called "bank" in the "pk" folder, then move the file "bank" into the folder "bank".)
Thanks. Now it works. I'm very grateful for this tool, since my "Official" Pokémon Bank is already full!

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this should allow you to store Pokemon in a cloud service the user already uses? (i.e. Google Drive, ect.)

So that we can be able to back up our pokemon without removing the sd(/micro sd) card...

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this should allow you to store Pokemon in a cloud service the user already uses? (i.e. Google Drive, ect.)

So that we can be able to back up our pokemon without removing the sd(/micro sd) card...

Thank you for the suggestion. I've thought about that before, but most people seem to enjoy offline access only.

I do see why someone would like this though. Multiple people could link to one bank, and importing/exporting from PKHeX would be easier, as well as the ease of backing up Pokemon to a computer.

I have ideas on how I feel would be best to implement this (possibly even using a custom service with a web page that a computer/mobile could login to and manage).

However such a large project would need more people to express interest, and I would need a team of a few other people to help me develop this in a timely fashion. (Otherwise, it wouldn't get released since it would take me in my limited time forever to build! XD)

If more people express interest though, I would look into it. :)

EDIT: Wording.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for the suggestion. I've thought about that before, but most people seem to enjoy offline access only.

I do see why someone would like this though. Multiple people could link to one bank, and importing/exporting from PKHeX would be easier, as well as the ease of backing up Pokemon to a computer.

I have ideas on how I feel would be best to implement this (possibly even using a custom service with a web page that a computer/mobile could login to and manage).

However such a large project would need more people to express interest, and I would need a team of a few other people to help me develop this in a timely fashion. (Otherwise, it wouldn't get released since it would take me in my limited time forever to build! XD)

If more people express interest though, I would look into it. :)

EDIT: Wording.
Since there are many homebrew's apps which connect to a GitHub repo to check if there are any updates, wouldn't it be possible to connect to some server cloud ( like google drive or dropbox) and store the Pokémon there? We could manage them with PKHeX, installing Google Drive or Dropbox desktop version.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there are many homebrew's apps which connect to a GitHub repo to check if there are any updates, wouldn't it be possible to connect to some server cloud ( like google drive or dropbox) and store the Pokémon there? We could manage them with PKHeX, installing Google Drive or Dropbox desktop version.

Accessing a github for an update can be achieved with a download from a public set of files, however coding in the api usage of Google Drive and/or Dropbox to upload, manage, download, etc. from a private account would take a bit more work, especially considering the validation of data and other aspects of sending something over the internet.

Creating my own api for a custom PokeBank server would make this much more efficient.

Also, since PHBankManager only manages bank files (one file with many Pokemon in it), while uploading them up to cloud storage would back them up, nothing could be done with them unless the bank file was put back into PHBank. A custom PokeBank server could manipulate the bank files to extract the .pk6's from them, and store them all separately. As long as that was being done, it would be a waste to not create a website that manages these Pokemon as well.

It is an interesting idea, but it's not where I would like it to be for me to invest time into it yet. :)

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Accessing a github for an update can be achieved with a download from a public set of files, however coding in the api usage of Google Drive and/or Dropbox to upload, manage, download, etc. from a private account would take a bit more work, especially considering the validation of data and other aspects of sending something over the internet.

Creating my own api for a custom PokeBank server would make this much more efficient.

Also, since PHBankManager only manages bank files (one file with many Pokemon in it), while uploading them up to cloud storage would back them up, nothing could be done with them unless the bank file was put back into PHBank. A custom PokeBank server could manipulate the bank files to extract the .pk6's from them, and store them all separately. As long as that was being done, it would be a waste to not create a website that manages these Pokemon as well.

It is an interesting idea, but it's not where I would like it to be for me to invest time into it yet. :)
I suggested it, but I tought that it would be more easy. Even though, I like the website idea [emoji2]

Enviado do meu LG-H500 através de Tapatalk

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Oh, I remember something. Is it possible to have a bank called something like " Giveaways" or "Breedjects"?

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I remember something. Is it possible to have a bank called something like " Giveaways" or "Breedjects"?

It is! If you view your SD card on your computer (either with an SD card reader or with WiFi), then you can go into the "bankManager" folder on the root of your SD card, and you'll see your bank files (named "bank1", "bank2", "bank3", etc.). These files can be renamed to what you want your bank to be called.

This can also be done with a file manager homebrew for the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum