Hacking beta disks can't be read by gamma

martyb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had previously tried install HBC using TPH and wiigator beta. I copied a couple of games I own (Beach Sport & Mario Kart) (one using rawdump, one with friidump, both burnt with imgburn with default setting) and both would run with backup loader. But after getting past the bit of picking the player and choosing a course they would die with a wii disk error.
I was hoping that if I used Big Moe's v3 installer the problem would be fixed.
After doing all the steps (I skipped starfall due to some error) I had wiigator gamma and the two new loader channels in place. But now both backup games immediately return a "read error -324"
Both disks are dvd -r , different manufactures, worked a bit with beta, not working at all with gamma.

Where do you think I went wrong???

All help appreciated. Cheers Martyb

martyb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Acesniper,

I'll give it a go. By the way, I went and tried it again this morning and found that I'm not getting an error anymore. Now it just keeps cycling the drive, sometimes the slot lights up and it just goes back to trying to load over and over. At this point the only way to stop it is to hold down the power button on the console. I tried the wiigator channel using an original disk and the game played fine. All very strange....

Martyb

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
martyb said:
Thanks Acesniper,

I'll give it a go. By the way, I went and tried it again this morning and found that I'm not getting an error anymore. Now it just keeps cycling the drive, sometimes the slot lights up and it just goes back to trying to load over and over. At this point the only way to stop it is to hold down the power button on the console. I tried the wiigator channel using an original disk and the game played fine. All very strange....

Martyb

I got this thing with the drive too, but only when i burn my memorex(and theyre SHIT MEDIA at least mine are) with 2 burners from 2006(a nec and a samsung toshiba) when i burn them with my newest samsung toshiba at 4 speed they work and i'm past that problem, so realy would advice you to first check your media and burner.

martyb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd have thought if the media was no good it wouldn't have worked with the beta. Then again the games started but failed after a few minutes into it.

Am thinking that the cios is the problem, may try that first and perhaps softmii. Am a little worried that the softmii site is only saying the current release is only tested on 3.2u. I've downgraded to 3.2e using Big Moes installer v3.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Martyb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
martyb said:
Thanks Acesniper,

Martyb

I had this problem and was told to clean my lens so i took my wii cover off and the metal casing, go a cotton bud and some disk cleaner solution and cleaned the lens waited for it to dry and put it all back together and it worked perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Oh my gosh is noon, time to play... a Sonic Streets of rage game 😎