Hardware Best wii modchip

hyun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drivekey
It's good and really easy to install on your wii.
It's kinda pricey
but if you want something cheap, then definitely wiikey2
but kinda hard to install.

Btw drivekey is solderness

bach3609

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aah okay, drivekey it is. Thanks
smile.gif

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really nessessary? To open up your Wii and risk breaking it? When you can use softmods which do the same stuff i think, USB loaders have region free patches, backup loaders, Waninkoko has a hack which means the disk channel can play back ups. Is there something a mod chip can do that the homebrew hacks cannot?

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
not really i think, i have a modchip for over a year now, but i softmodded another wii, and i dont see any advantages, except for shorter loading times in ssbb

and now that i tried the usb loader, i see no reason to buy a modchip, because usb is much better...

EDIT: 400 posts
biggrin.gif

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
My advice is to save the money you plan to spend on the Mod chip and invest in a USB drive and usb load. Much safer IMO and less waranty voiding as you can delete the homebrew channel and most of the other things you install.

bach3609

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Teh H4rRy said:
My advice is to save the money you plan to spend on the Mod chip and invest in a USB drive and usb load. Much safer IMO and less waranty voiding as you can delete the homebrew channel and most of the other things you install.

Sorry about this old thread bump, but where is a good site to order a USB WII drive?(or whatever you said)

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
Teh H4rRy said:

Sorry about this old thread bump, but where is a good site to order a USB WII drive?(or whatever you said)
I think he was referring to a usb flash/thumb drive and a usb loader for Wii (softmod, not a modchip).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM