Hacking Best way to update Wii softmodded on 4.2U

astoufu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, i have a Wii that i didn't touch for some years and after reading a lot of topics here, i still have some doubts. It wasn't me who modded it, so i dunno what's on it. Could you guys help?

The Wii is on 4.2U, homebrew channel is on 1.0.5 and all i know is that i have uLoader on it to load games from external DVD Reader or external hard disk.

I think i might run Hackmii Installer to update Homebrew Channell and install bootmii,right? After that make a backup of Wii? After that, do i still need the priiloader?

Then, i would use Modmii with the CSV file generated by syscheck to only update what i missing, right?

Im not planning to update to 4.3U as i read it's useless and 4.2 or lower is better. By the way, my goal is to run Wii Flow and their plugins, i tested it but all the buttons appeared empty and i could not use it.

Last edited by astoufu,

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3u is the last firmware for the wii. It is fully soft modded. There is no issue with 4.3u
Quit reading old posts to gain info on what to do. Check your sd card for the unmodded nand backup. If you have it just install it back to the wii and enter your mac on the hackmii site. (that is if you want 4.3u) Or simply pull your sd card from your wii, update from 4.2 to 4.3u then run the hackmii installer. And just for the record your wii is soft-modded and not running a hard mod chip correct?
The latest firmware is fine to run homebrew on the wii. There isn't much support for the older firmware in the homebrew community.
Someone else will have to correct me but if I remember right upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3 will just patch the cios and roll the update. So there is no real risk of a brick. (it is always safe to remove the channels that you may have forwarded to the ios screen prior to updating though)
Easy enough right? Otherwise you will be attempting to find old versions of homebrew that has buggy coding. 4.3u has pretty much been perfected in terms of homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent