Gaming Best way to update DSi and R4 flash carts?

simoncastic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Just picked up a DSi with 1.2A on it, along with a black R4i cartridge (r4ultra.com) and a gold R4i V1.4 (r4igold.cn) cartridge.
It all seems to work okay, however I'm keen to upgrade the firmware on the cards and the DSi firmware to new versions if at all possible, to fix possible incompatibility issues with certain homebrew software etc.
Just wondering the safest way to do this, and if it's recommended - I don't want to brick the DSi or the flash carts!

Thanks!

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to update to firmware 1.5 (like my dsi xl) then you MUST buy a new r4 card capable of running on the 1.5 firmware. From what I know, you cannot update r4 cards to run on 1.5 if they are an older version, you must get a new card with that capability already.

If it all works okay now.......then its all okay...don't mess with a good thing. I'm not sure if the 1.2 move to 1.5 firmware is worth it, maybe someone in the forum knows what upgrades Nintendo put in.

Also, you should be able to put the latest wood software on the card from r4igold.cn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche