Best way to transfer Animal Crossing n3DS date/account to Mario Land 3D n3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sp957, Sep 20, 2016.

1. sp957
    OP

sp957 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Ok, so I finally got a dual IPS n3DS bundled with Mario 3D Land.

I want to ditch my old dual TN Animal Crossing 3DS with the new one.

I don't have much data at all on my Animal Crossing 3DS. My saves are saved to the carts. But I have Zelda: Majora's Mask on it as well.

I was going to do a system transfer, but I think that will get rid of the Mario 3D land bundled with the newer 3DS?

Should I just wipe the Animal Crossing DS clean and just log into my newer 3DS with my Nintendo ID and redownload Majora's mask? Is that doable? Will doing that wipe Mario 3D Land?

2. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States
    Doing a System Transfer to a system with preinstalled software will wipe the software on the target system. However, I think in the case of the "bundle" systems which come with a game installed out of the box, it's possible to re-download the game through the eShop somehow. Specifically, I think it gets added to your account. I'm not 100% sure about this, so I'd wait for confirmation before doing anything if I were you, but I don't think you'll lose Mario 3D Land permanently.

3. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    The preinstalled game will be added to your account after the System Transfer, so you won"t have a problem with that.

4. sp957
    OP

sp957 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Thanks guys. I was just able to redownload it via the eShop.