Homebrew Question Best way to stream pc games to switch?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found some methods as to streaming pc to switch:
-In-Home-Switching
-SKYNX
-Android LineageOS (moonlight/parsec)

Any opinions? Things important to me are delay, disconnects./crashes freezes. And to a point quality of the stream ofcourse.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Android/Linux has the best performance. In case of Android issue is that OS is still very unstable and analogs are detected as digital input. Idk about Linux.
SkyNX doesn't have issues with Analogs, but it's relying on CPU to decode video, so it's worse performance than Android.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Android/Linux has the best performance. In case of Android issue is that OS is still very unstable and analogs are detected as digital input. Idk about Linux.
SkyNX doesn't have issues with Analogs, but it's relying on CPU to decode video, so it's worse performance than Android.
Hmm Okay. When you say performance you mean, not input delay, not video quality but fps? One does 30 fps one does 60 fps or?
How does SkyNX fare against in home switching?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm Okay. When you say performance you mean, not input delay, not video quality but fps? One does 30 fps one does 60 fps or?
How does SkyNX fare against in home switching?
Better performance = less power consumption at the same quality and FPS. And because there is no support for nvdec in libnx, Android and Linux will have stable 60 FPS at 1080p at low battery cost in comparison to HOS, which will struggle with 720p 60 FPS and it will be always at high CPU usage.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Better performance = less power consumption at the same quality and FPS. And because there is no support for nvdec in libnx, Android and Linux will have stable 60 FPS at 1080p at low battery cost in comparison to HOS, which will struggle with 720p 60 FPS and it will be always at high CPU usage.

I see. I don't care for battery consumption much as I mostly use it in handheld mode with the charger connected.
Hos=SKYNX?
And how much does 1080p matter to 720p anyway.. i mean the switch screen can't go higher then 720p soo would it matter or not I wonder?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see. I don't care for battery consumption much as I mostly use it in handheld mode with the charger connected.
Hos=SKYNX?
And how much does 1080p matter to 720p anyway.. i mean the switch screen can't go higher then 720p soo would it matter or not I wonder?
There is a difference when using x264 because of fixed macroblock size. Higher resolution = less pixelated video in some hard situations like gradients or dynamic scenes when using GPU encoder.
X265 has non fixed macroblock size, so in this case there is not much difference between 720p and 1080p.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a difference when using x264 because of fixed macroblock size. Higher resolution = less pixelated video in some hard situations like gradients or dynamic scenes when using GPU encoder.
X265 has non fixed macroblock size, so in this case there is not much difference between 720p and 1080p.
Okay. so image quality should be more or less similiar eventhough 1080p is better in some instances.
If the delay, and stabillity is all the same and good. Then I think im better off with the homebrew version for now.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Btw I just see the app can choose for CPU or nvidia encoding soo.?? or is that not the switch but the desktop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1