Best way to run SSBB DVD5 version

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by simonarturo, Jan 14, 2010.

Jan 14, 2010
  1. simonarturo
    OP

Newcomer simonarturo Advanced Member

Venezuela
    so yeah, anyone here has played Super Smash Brothers Brawl DVD5 version in their backup launchers without problems?
    I ask because I have searched and read a lot about it but still can't seem to find a definite answer. For now, I'm using Cioscorp 3.6 as my launcher of choice, and tried the cios it came with in the "Extra" section , which are rev13(for DL compatiblity), even though the dvd5 version is not DL, and rev14 (no DL but more error001 compatibility), haven't tried rev16 because I read so far it only works with usb loading.

the issue I (and many others) have is that after beating the MasterHand or finishing the first Emmisary fight, the game is stuck and the green "eject disc and reset wii" screen appears. In this particular case it doesn't seem to be the case of media, as the backup came from a store, and people with modchips can play it. What method, excluding usbloaders please, did you use to play it?

THanks

2. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    NeoGamma

3. simonarturo
    OP

Venezuela
    thanks for the reply

I use Cioscorp, so can I install Neogamma just like that?

4. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You don't install (most) Wii apps, you just copy them to the SD card.

5. simonarturo
    OP

Venezuela
    I know, I know, into the apps folder in the sd card, well, i'll give it a try.
    What's the best neogamma version? as in, most compatibility

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    "eject disc and reset wii" is a cIOS issue, not a loader issue. If the game boots and has no protection, the loader's job is done, if problems occur, it's 95% cIOS problem. Or it could be a media problem of course.

If you use cIOSrev14 or a cioscorp with the dip module from rev14, it could be the DL bug. As the DL bug is not techinally being unable to read the 2nd layer. It's actually being unable to read the end of the 1st layer, which is why all DL games are affected. If the image of the game is nearly as the theoretical maximum of a DVD5, you will encounter this bug with cIOSrev14 eventually. Try with NeoGamma(any version) and cIOSrev13a if you were using rev14.

7. simonarturo
    OP

Venezuela
    well, it happened as well with Neogamma (the latest beta version) with ciosrev14 (or at least that's what it says at the bottom of the screen)

one question, with the cioscorp installer, there was an extra installer which allowed me to install cios in rev13 for DL or rev14 for everything else, but when I install it(rev13), in the Neogamma window it still says cios 249rev14

do I have to install it manually using wad manager?
    If so, a reminder: I just have to find the file (it's a wad right?) put it in the wad folder and then install it over the one I have right now?

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    cioscorp means IOS36 and perhaps also the IOS used by Metroid Prime Triology, not IOS249. To get cIOSrev13a you need to run its installer(and maybe manually delete IOS249 before) or install it via wad.