Hacking Best way to run DSOrganize on M3Sakura

wilsonramal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, it´s basically a variation of the Flashcart OS method...Works pretty well!

Here's a video:

Youtube

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.-Just download one of this files:

a.)
smile.gif
DSOrganize 3.1129 for M3Sakura(RECOMMENDED!!version, no damages, no red screens, personally tested!)

b.)
frown.gif
DSOrganize 3.2 for M3 Sakura(Last version but not recommended (unstable). Use at your own risk)

1.-Extract the contents of the :DSOrganize for M3Sakura: folder to the root of your microsd card(see readme.txt). As simple as that!!!!!!!!! Run DSOrganize.nds and ENJOY!!! That's all you have to do!!!

You can also edit the bottom.gif and top.gif however you want
biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
Your readme file says that DSO will cause a problem in an M3 cart anyway. So basically you're saying this won't work anyway? One or the other, please.
Uh, no.

It works, but DSO has been known to cause problems on M3 carts. That has nothing to do with this particular file running on Sakura. Even the non-modified official release of DSO 3.2 can potentially cause problems on TouchPod.

This release doesn't address any of those already well-known problems. It just modifies DSO to work on Sakura, because it never did in the first place.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
I love the software DSOrganize but it has in the past made problems for me...so much so that I had to re-format my card. Make sure you back up your card before using this.

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Wilsonramal, I'm using th package from Densetsu, load the file then in the bottom screen there's a Start image.
I click it using stylus not working, press Start button just blink a little and then back again in the Start image.
Is there something wrong ? Thanks for your help.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
KH-Roms said:
@Wilsonramal, I'm using th package from Densetsu, load the file then in the bottom screen there's a Start image.
I click it using stylus not working, press Start button just blink a little and then back again in the Start image.
Sometimes I have to tap the Start image a few times before it loads, but it does work. Just keep tapping the Start image until something happens.

wilsonramal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
KH-Roms said:

I've tried densetsu package and it works perfectly. If you press start image with the stylus,and nothing happens it means the launcher can´t find the mediaplay.bin file
unsure.gif
, make sure it is on the fshl folder and that its named correctly.
yaynds.gif

unsure.gif
.... Maybe you followed both(auto, manual) instructions. If you downloaded densetsu package, then ignore the INSTRUCTIONS(manual).

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You mean, what is DSKiosk???

It's an app, that you can use to run all your homebrew.
You just create some small ini file, where you list your homebrew apps and the images to represent each app.
This application shows you the Links)
(You start DSKiosk and see the links to all your homebrew stored on your flash card, choose it and use it))
QUOTE said:
DsKiosk is a new application for the Nintendo DS that allows you to list your homebrew collection. It supports custom icons for the homebrew and has a really slick interface. It's purpose is to stylize and simplify running your homebrew software collection.
_____
DsKiosk is a small application that allows you to run your homebrew programs more easily, and above all, with much more class. The more your collection grows, it becomes more difficult to find your programs scattered all over your SDCard: Between programs that must start from the root, others that require a particular subdirectory, not your organization Personal ...
_____
In short, if you dream of having all your homebrew in front quickly, with a nice interface, then DsKiosk is for you! ;-)

By the way, MasterMan194, thanks for the link
wink.gif

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sample DSKios.ini file:
Code:
[global]
version=v1.1
language=0

[Applications]
/APPS/NeoDs.nds;/APPS/NeoDs.png
/APPS/ApprenticeMinusDS.nds;/APPS/ApprenticeMinusDS.png
/APPS/Colors.nds;/APPS/Colors.png
Put it in "/data/dskiosk' folder.

Also, the latest version seens not to be working in M3Sakura 1.34, it even creates a SAV file and gives white screens. I'm attaching the one i use here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cjz1tgmmynl

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
MasterMan194 said:
Sample DSKios.ini file:
Code:
[global]
version=v1.1
language=0

[Applications]
/APPS/NeoDs.nds;/APPS/NeoDs.png
/APPS/ApprenticeMinusDS.nds;/APPS/ApprenticeMinusDS.png
/APPS/Colors.nds;/APPS/Colors.png
Put it in "/data/dskiosk' folder.

Also, the latest version seens not to be working in M3Sakura 1.34, it even creates a SAV file and gives white screens. I'm attaching the one i use here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cjz1tgmmynl

Thanks.. MasterMan194. It was the latest version that was making the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end