Best way to reaquire game patches without updating the system

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by crea, Nov 20, 2015.

1. crea
    OP

crea GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2013
    Lesotho
    I have a 5.3.2 Wii U, on which I want to stay for the moment, and the Smash Bros. disc.

Unfortunately the seller of the console deleted all game updates prior to selling, maybe in an attempt to delete his personal data.

When I try to start the Smash Bros disc with WiFi deactivated now, it prompts me to download a patch.
    I also do not have the option of blocking specific domains by the WiFi router (it does not work

What is the easiest, or savest way at the moment to get game patches back on the Wii U?

Last edited by crea, Nov 20, 2015
  2. crea
    OP

crea GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2013
    Lesotho
    Also additional question, does it matter what version of game patch I would install? Like, with 5.3.2, is it still possible to install and run the latest game patches, without an update or spoof to 5.5.0 ?

3. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Use tubehax dns in the wii u network settings, you don't have to install any game patches

4. Xinaman

Xinaman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    Brazil
    You could use WUPinstaller made by crediar.

5. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    1. DL Updates using nusgrabber.exe <update-titleid> (ex. 0005000E10144000)

2. For Disc/eShop Games install them with WUPinstaller,
    for Loadiine extract them using cdecrypt (needs common key)
    and integrate the files into the game.

6. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    You can install the latest updates without spoofing to 5.5.0. WUP Installer has the ability to both install updates AND spoof your Wii U, but you can use it only for the former.

EDIT: And as mech said, Rule #1: Use TubeHax DNS before doing anything.

Last edited by fiveighteen, Nov 20, 2015
  7. crea
    OP

crea GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2013
    Lesotho
    Thanks for the replies.

Let me summarize
    - it is possible to install, and use, latest game updates on firmware 5.3.2 (but no online play)
    - To prevent system updates, you could block domains at the modem/WiFi connection, or use a trustworthy DNS that blocks those domains (like tubehax DNS)
    - You can download the game patches with nusgrabber and install with WUPinstaller

Correct?

My further question is, how save is using the tubehax DNS? As it was not intended for the purpose of blocking update servers for Wii U? Any official word on it by the owner?