Hacking Best way to re-Hack Wii?

LexLuthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been updating the hacks and whatnot on my Wii for years with various breaks and bursts at all different times.
Its gotten to the point now where I have forgotten almost completely what is installed and what isnt.

I just want to start again, rehack the whole thing, so I know everything is up to date. I want a clean slate.

I bought the Wii at launch and it is currently on firmware 4.2.
I have bootmii installed as a boot2 and will do a backup before I do anything else.

How would you advise is the best way to create a clean slate.

Thanks

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Just follow one of the stickies (modify any wii etc. )and go for it. Most of the old stuff regardless of what you have installed, should be overwriten during the update/modding (ie ioses, cioses)

You could follow a re-virgin wii guide (I think there's on on completesoftmodguide) but I don't think it's necessary

Good luck

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever had an old version of cIOSCORP installed, then get DARKCORP and run the uninstaller first. Running a system update won't overwrite most of the cIOSCORP files (because the version numbers are maxed out)

Then follow the mod any wii sticky as suggested and at your option, install darkcorp.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megatron_lives said:
You could follow a re-virgin wii guide (I think there's on on completesoftmodguide) but I don't think it's necessary

Good luck

that is TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! DO NOT revirginize!!!!! That is ONLY used for when u dont ever want hacks EVER! Im getting sick of people telling users to revirginize and then we have to sit and try to figure it out when they brick!
just rehack and forget revirginizing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse