1. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Some of you need to learn the difference between possibilities and guarantees. A browser makes an exploit possible, but there's already presidence where a browser didn't give hacks. That's all I said, and I am 100% right.

Also that is bullshit that there is no one out there that wanted to hack the Xbox One and you know that. If you want to come at me with bullshit I will throw it back in your face.

Last edited by Jayinem81, Jun 12, 2020
  2. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Read carefully what I wrote one more time and try to elaborate where I give guarantees and where I give possibilities.

I know nothing about Xbox scene, if it's like PS4 then it's choke full of whining kids moaning the equivalent of "most recent exploitable FW is two years old, new jelbrek ETA wen?".

Anyway homie, you need to chill, LMAO. Do I need also to explain how to interpret smileys?

3. Jayinem81
    This message by Jayinem81 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 15, 2020, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 12, 2020 Show
  4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    Wrong.

PS3 remained unhacked for 5 years because Sony offered Linux installations.
    It only took a year for hackers to hack it wide open after Sony removed OtherOS.

Xbone on the other hand, we've got devmode.
    There you go, homebrew (home made software) running on a console.
    No need to hack it.

Zense, Stealphie and MostlyUnharmful like this.
  5. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm against piracy really (Although I do pirate games)

Why would anyone want a brand new system to be modded that's just going to harm the console just wait for EOL and then mod and pirate it all you want. Look at the switch I can pirate whatever /whenever I want but on the downsides most the cool hacks/mods are going to die out because of Nintendo trying to kill it. Fuse-Glee would have been more effective at EOL vs 2 years after it was hacked.

I'm not saying I'm a saint I'm just saying hack a system like the vita wait for the EOL and hack the hell out of it therefore we can get quality games and etc.. For the PS5 I wouldn't hold my breath for a long time Piracy is going to be obsolete on consoles next gen. (Maybe Nintendo would be modded since their security isn't that good)

6. MostlyUnharmful
    This message by MostlyUnharmful has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 15, 2020, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Jun 13, 2020 Show
  7. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I gonna buy 2.

one Digital and one Disc Version. I mean 500$ what got leaked is super cheap compared for the HW you get, so nothing wrong there.

But also just waiting for Backup Loading and stuff, I mean unless they stop charge 70-90$ for a game. If they go back to 40-50$ for a game I would maybe consider not to Backup Loading, but with this Pricetags, no way. Just hoping for Day1 stuff. But I doubt, since PS Scene seems more to bitch arround exploits then Switch.

Last edited by ehnoah, Jun 22, 2020
  8. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

I think I'll be doing things differently for the next gen based on how it's been with the PS4. I'm just gonna enjoy the damn thing instead of crippling it waiting around for stuff that might not come.

peteruk likes this.
  9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    lets wait for the damn thing to be released first shall we?

peteruk likes this.
  10. longkiss

longkiss Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am hoping nobody will find a way to hack it.

11. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    I mean, you're right but, let's be realistic for a secon
    ppl want the one to be hacked so they can pirate games

12. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    Then said pirates should exploit the console and write backup loaders or disc/content patches.

If what you said was true, the system would long be exploited by now.

13. teamlocust
    This message by teamlocust has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jul 8, 2020, Reason: Off topic, bickering.
    Jun 28, 2020 Show
  14. PalomPorom

PalomPorom Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    PS5 kxploit eta wen

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

15. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Can anyone explain the appeal of hacking a PS5 or Series X at this point? Like if it's about emulation, then why not just load those emulators so easily up on your PC (assuming most of you own a decent one at this point). I mean I get the appeal of hacking a Switch or Wii U, those guys are doing things that aren't easily replicatable on a PC, so there is more of a need to get emulators and all that on such devices, but shy of straight up piracy of the current gen games, I'm just not getting any real desire to hack these modern powerful systems from Sony and Microsoft that ultimately aren't gonna be able to do much more when hacked out than my PC can already.

Rafciu likes this.
  16. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

You answered your own question.

Zense likes this.
  17. Rafciu

Rafciu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I personally think that hacking and homebrew are more useless these days, games could be bought cheap as used, there alot of promotions for games with 70% off. Emulation could be done even on high smartphone (up to ps2 and 3ds). Im fan of emulation i even try to run dev mode on Xbox One to do so, but it was a frustrating experience. So my main emulation device is my phone right now. Homebrew games are not that great so i dont think i want them on ps5 either.

18. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    The best general way to prepare for homebrew on a console is this: Learn to be patient.

Last edited by Zense, Jul 1, 2020
  19. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    I think the days of jailbreaks and exploits are numbered and I wouldn’t be surprised if we won’t find anything on PS5

20. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Unless its using alien tech I doubt they have magically gained the ability for 100% secure system. However, if they start offering more and more money with longer and longer disclosure windows that could be a problem.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - potential, homebrew, prepare