Hacking Best way to play WiiWare Games ?

allumette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
i would like to know if there is a fair way to play many wiiware without installing them on the Wii's Nand.

After tryin many stuff, i'd finaly stopped on Uloader to play .wad WiiWare's games. It emulate Nand, and by the way you can play wiiware without installing them on the Wii.

The main problem is about CIOS, many of wiiware are ok with Hermes v5 CIOS, and not with the lastest Waniko's CIOS (rev19 ?)
So i guess how to do to avoid installing .wad on Wii's nand and not to erase the 222/224/249 CIOS that wiiwares need to run

I've got a softmodded Wii with the lastest waniko's CIOS 57 and 38 (v19), before i'd Hermes v5 and v4 CIOS and all Wiiware on Uloader were running fine, but playin lastest Wiigames was kinda hard (Pop2, MH3, etc etc)

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I never bothered trying to install either uLoader, Triiforce (MRC). I keep my favorite wiiware game on my sd card, install a few on nand using MMM and play them. I rly don't feel any necessity to have 25+ wiiware installed at once.

That way, you don't have to scratch your head with cIOS.

Currently, here there is Castlevania Rebirth, Gradius Rebirth, Contra Rebirth, MM9, MM10, Star Soldier R, Cave Story and Sin & Punishment on nand with plenty of blocks free left for savegame.

Pip'

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
allumette said:
Hello,
i would like to know if there is a fair way to play many wiiware without installing them on the Wii's Nand.

After tryin many stuff, i'd finaly stopped on Uloader to play .wad WiiWare's games. It emulate Nand, and by the way you can play wiiware without installing them on the Wii.

The main problem is about CIOS, many of wiiware are ok with Hermes v5 CIOS, and not with the lastest Waniko's CIOS (rev19 ?)
So i guess how to do to avoid installing .wad on Wii's nand and not to erase the 222/224/249 CIOS that wiiwares need to run

I've got a softmodded Wii with the lastest waniko's CIOS 57 and 38 (v19), before i'd Hermes v5 and v4 CIOS and all Wiiware on Uloader were running fine, but playin lastest Wiigames was kinda hard (Pop2, MH3, etc etc)
I'm a bit confused...it seems to me you've hit the perfect spot. So what is your question, exactly?

uloader may not be the world's finest loader, but it plays wiiware on an emulated nand like a charm. You just need to find out which cIOS is best to use (222, 223 or 224). The issues with v5 are afaik only in other programs that don't always use the cIOS correctly. In uloader, it will play just fine.
smile.gif

As for wii games, I must admit uloader isn't always the best solution (it can't handle split files on a FAT32 drive, to name one). And using Hermes's v5 in other loaders may mostly work, it isn't always true (music games with v5 in cfg still tend to jam at the end of a song).

...but having uloader and v5 of Hermes's cIOS installed for your wiiware doesn't prevent you from also installing another loader (eg. CFG) and Waninkoko's rev19 to get your wii games running.
smile.gif

allumette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so what should i use to play my Wiiware, other than Uloader ?
smile.gif

i just like to have +- 20 Wiiware like Tetris party, some oldies, and nice shoot them up...

Donno why, but now that i'd install waniko's v19 IOS, Tetris PArty won't work without any msg... I tryied to change config, ios, refresh rate, and then actualize data... bot nothing make it work
frown.gif

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember, 19 isn't compatible w/TriiForce...might cause problems w/other NAND emulation apps as well. 20 promises to fix that, but for the time being you will have to roll back to an earlier version (17?)

allumette said:
smile.gif

i just like to have +- 20 Wiiware like Tetris party, some oldies, and nice shoot them up...

Donno why, but now that i'd install waniko's v19 IOS, Tetris PArty won't work without any msg... I tryied to change config, ios, refresh rate, and then actualize data... bot nothing make it work
frown.gif

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I don't know I guess I'm a little slow in catching up with you guys.
I still use Wad Manager 1.4 with loadmii.
Installed IOS60 to be able to be able to play cracked Wiiware from the SD card.
Works like a charm.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
allumette said:
smile.gif

frown.gif
That's strange...because uloader doesn't use Waninkoko's cIOS.

Which version of uLoader do you use?
The most current one is 5.1D (spanish linky).

And which version of Hermes's cIOS do you use?
Most current one is 5.1, but I can't comment on how that one works (I tried installing it, but it returned me a bad hash...but as I've got no issues with the regular 5, it's not much of an issue).

I used to know a very good tutorial on how to get your emulated nand ready for uloader, but it's not supported anymore. You'll have to look in the readme from uloader for details (it's not hard...just putting your wads in USB:\nand\install and run uloader or something along those lines).

Further...it's a bit searching what cIOS each wiiware game uses. For tetris party, I have it set to cIOS 223 and skip boot (the video mode and language are set to default in all games I have...but I'm using a television that supports both PAL and NTSC, so your settings might be different).

@thesundog: you're very right with your comment...but it's a comment on triiforce (an alternative way to get wiiware to work). uloader works completely different.
smile.gif

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just install pirated wads to my sys menu and copy them to my sd and run them from there like a normal wiiware. I have a patched ios70 from nusad and all my wiiware/vc including tetris party work fine without changing any settings.

allumette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
allumette said:
smile.gif

Further...it's a bit searching what cIOS each wiiware game uses. For tetris party, I have it set to cIOS 223 and skip boot (the video mode and language are set to default in all games I have...but I'm using a television that supports both PAL and NTSC, so your settings might be different).

Thak you
smile.gif
here is the solution:
download alternative 5.1D Uloader (pressing home button, then update alternative), relaunch Uloader,
Select CIOS 224 (whtih the support of many stuf like Networking, quite cool for tetris party) AND the CIOS option SKIP BOOT
Hope it'll be usefull for other ppl,
really think uloader is the best way to play wiiware with a nice nand emulation.

bg
wink.gif

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RyuKisargi said:
You might also wanna try Pimp my Wii too, it fixes the truncha bug.

Yea. PimpMyWii 1.42 is the latest version and what it does is update and Trucha Bug ALL your (safe) IOS's. The newest version updates your Hermes to V5.1 and Waninkoko's cIOS to Rev19.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.